Brighton appreciation

They counted 256 who left with 10 mins to go to make a quick getaway and let the same number of ticketless fans in ;)
Fair play to 'em then as a pal of mine who works the Amex had told me that it wasn't on the cards to let any ticketless fans come in for the celebration.

Cheers - glad you enjoyed your trip.

As I said on another thread, the City fans I met on Saturday afternoon were all good lads, and I thought both sets of fans appreciation (yours for Bruno, and ours for Kompany + your presentation etc.) was top draw. I'm pleased the PA played some of 'your' anthems/songs at the end too - I'm not sure all other Premier League clubs would have done the same. I spoke to a steward at the away end afterwards who said they let in ticketless fans to watch the presentation.

Congratulations to you - the league table never lies and 198 points over two seasons is quite incredible.

As for us, it's all change with CH gone.

My opinion on it (and I've seen all bar 2 games this season) is that unfortunately he had to go.

If he wasn't such a decent bloke, a thoroughly decent man, then the media wouldn't be so up in arms over his sacking. No wins in the last 9 games, 3 wins in the last 20 games we were certainties for relegation next season. People accepted his boring, negative football when we were grinding out results, but when you're losing every week, it's different. The Chairman (who has paid for the stadium, new training ground etc) is an ambitious man - it's not thinking above our station, it's about being ambitious - why can't we be a mid table side competing with Bournemouth, Watford, and dare I say it Palace?

Bloom is a gambler, and this time he has rolled the dice big-time.

Good Luck Saturday and see you next season
Good luck to you!

The more ambitious well-run clubs are the better.

Brighton have had a brilliant average attendance since the AmEx opened and have a huge catchment area with no other teams around.

Never mind mid-table. If you’re run well with money to invest in the right areas (stadium, training complex, youth team and first team with the right DoF and manager...) there’s no reason a club like Brighton shouldn’t be playing in Europe in the next decade.

Invest... finish mid-table, win a domestic cup, get into Europe, invest... finish 6th or 7th, have a good Europa League run, invest...

If Boro, Fulham and Liverpool can get to Europa League finals, then Brighton can!

Aside from the outside security not letting me in the disabled entrance and making me struggle on a broken ankle all the way around everyone else were great,the station staff were great and got me a seat on the train

The brighton fans were brilliant,a few came up and said well done outside and they seemed really pleased that we won,i knew they would be friendly and happy for us and they clapped us off the pitch and stayed for the trophy presention,it was a really nice place to go for the last game,i didn't go to the pubs afterwards but by all accounts it was a great evening in town

Can’t take you anywhere.

Brighton fans were fantastic. Loudly supportive of their own team but friendly, welcoming, generous, gracious, knowledgeable, applauding and acknowledging a fantastic achievement by another team.
The exact opposite of another set of supporters that spring to mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.