life-changing injuries
signature Anfield ... song
wounding nature
cold lack of empathy
deeply hurtful
totally defending
near-official approval
awful loss of life

What a shit writer. Bashed out mechanically with no brain engaged. Then the giveaway at the end.

England in the Brexit crisis can be viewed through some of the nastines in football

I don't know anybody in the newspapers (I've led a sheltered life) but I'd imagine that sports hacks are looked down on by most of the other scribblers in the trade. I'd guess they're thought of as a necessary evil. City present them with an opportunity to elevate themselves in their own eyes. This chance for second-rate typers to 'dope' their self-esteem is one reason why this sort of hyperbolic approach to writing about City has been happening since the takeover. And why it will never stop. Instead of writing about corners, penalties, or tactics, they can get their teeth into human rights abuses, the zeitgeist, geopolitics. They can emerge from their dull, overlooked cocoon into the morning light reborn in their true colours as serious writers. Look mum, I'm all grown up. But then they give themselves away with their shit style, half-formed arguments and lack of discrimination. They pump out the literary equivalent of a 10 quid handjob while making a phone call to one of their mates. Then they stick the word City at the top and lick their customer's jizz off their fingers.

gleeful flight
startling to learn
wholly defending
glories in ... misfortune
life-changing injuries
signature Anfield ... song
wounding nature
cold lack of empathy
deeply hurtful
totally defending
near-official approval
awful loss of life

What a shit writer. Bashed out mechanically with no brain engaged. Then the giveaway at the end.

England in the Brexit crisis can be viewed through some of the nastines in football

I don't know anybody in the newspapers (I've led a sheltered life) but I'd imagine that sports hacks are looked down on by most of the other scribblers in the trade. I'd guess they're thought of as a necessary evil. City present them with an opportunity to elevate themselves in their own eyes. This chance for second-rate typers to 'dope' their self-esteem is one reason why this sort of hyperbolic approach to writing about City has been happening since the takeover. And why it will never stop. Instead of writing about corners, penalties, or tactics, they can get their teeth into human rights abuses, the zeitgeist, geopolitics. They can emerge from their dull, overlooked cocoon into the morning light reborn in their true colours as serious writers. Look mum, I'm all grown up. But then they give themselves away with their shit style, half-formed arguments and lack of discrimination. They pump out the literary equivalent of a 10 quid handjob while making a phone call to one of their mates. Then they stick the word City at the top and lick their customer's jizz off their fingers.
Thin pickings since they sacked off page 3.

This does raise an interesting question , why didn’t we apologise and draw a line under it?

The club obviously hold a similar view as us, if you don’t like it we don’t give a fuck , this is payback for the season load of shite we have had to listen to whilst we slowly and cruelty crushed their dreams

Suck it up
Bingo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.