UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. One year is essentially a £90m fine.

Yeah. A blip. Chelsea have missed out on CL several times. So have ManU. Arsenal ditto. A one year absence is a pain. Three years though is serious shit.

If they are pushing for one year ban as the opening move where do they go from there when it gets to lawyers and serious horse trading behind closed doors? A one year ban is a weak opening move and doesn’t indicate they have a strong case.

I think this is a fairly blatant attempt to try a ruin our image, by a disgruntled cartel of clubs. They have an odious prick used to the limelight to run with it. When they have to back down, which they ultimately will have to do, FFP will be dead.

Of course I have realised that but the club has bent over backwards to do everything the right way and are still getting battered. I prefer the analogy of appeasing a bully, eventually you will have to deal with him or he will just continue making your life a misery. The problem we have is the people who run the media, we will never get a fair say or hearing there so the hearts and minds battle is lost unless we make inroads into it.
Up against decades of prejudice and idea that Britain is the home of liberal democracy and fair play and the UAE is the playground of the idle rich despot subjugating his people which ignores the whole history of development.

Perhaps UEFA know full well they don't have a case, but are content to file it anyway to protect their image, and City have to rely on CAS to bail us out.

I know one thing for certain, I would not like to piss off Mr Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

The guy is a class gentleman, but he gives me the impression of a man who does not like to be taken for a ride, a man when crossed is ruthless but always fair and honest.

I hope Ms Gill, Parry and co are ready and they have no previous which may come back to haunt them.

You and Sir A have a few tales don't you David......

As I said the other day, if somebody is capable of hacking, they are also capable of doctoring. Impossible to prove as even if they are true, City will be able to provide alternative emails that show different.
They may not be doctored, but emails and actual financial statements that have been independently checked are different things. As far as i understand it, all the financial agreements were looked over independently and signed off, so if they are going off what it says on emails and assuming there is a paper trail to support them, they're probably gonna be bolloxed.

The natrative has been set, whatever we achieve will be tainted due to the braindead masses being spoonfed the shite by the mass media, the days of journalistic integrity are dead, mainly due to social media, it's fuckin criminal this team and manager and out club in general has to defend itself agsinst all this fuckin nonsense, when everbody should be eulogising and celebrating a wonderful football team.

Thought about this, this morning listening to the radio in the car – they were talking about Leeds last night, and how most people were glad they weren't coming up – they still are tainted with the 'Dirty Leeds" brush... after how many years? So imagine, in this day of any absolute gobshite being able to pass themselves off as a journalist because they have a blog, or any old bitter nob-head can have their say on social media... It doesn't matter that Liverpool, United, Arsenal etc. are all guilty of financial doping over their history... it's us that are stuck with that association.
Personally I hope the club use the full weight of the Law to bring down every fucker involved in this targetted campaign. We've played nice for far too long, but the people high-up in UEFA, FIFA, the FA etc. etc., do not play nice... so let's wipe that nest of vipers out, once and for all!!!

The natrative has been set, whatever we achieve will be tainted due to the braindead masses being spoonfed the shite by the mass media, the days of journalistic integrity are dead, mainly due to social media, it's fuckin criminal this team and manager and out club in general has to defend itself agsinst all this fuckin nonsense, when everbody should be eulogising and celebrating a wonderful football team.
This whole thing is a smear campaign driven by the old G14 clubs, I suspect that there are even elements in UEFA that are none too keen on it - note the reported comment by the Greek member of the IC that not everyone was in agreement on a punishment - but threats of a breakaway super league scare the shit out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.