Antoine Griezmann

outinho was a brilliant player at Liverpool

He really, really wasn't.

He was Steven Ireland. Nothing more.

Surrounded by top class players(Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge in his best ever season), he was left unmarked for large chunks of games and would occasionally score a screamer. That was it.

NO different to Ireland when we had Robinho/SWP/Elano etc.

Absolutely terrible player and Liverpool must have been laughing all the way to the bank getting that fee.

Then i think you have to look at the coaching. Coutinho was a brilliant player at Liverpool and before he left for Barcelona I was really hoping he would join us.

You don’t go from brilliant to terrible overnight. The old adage “form is temporary, class is permanent” is as true here as it as ever been and I have no doubt that in the right team, be it Barca under a different coach or another team, he will be brilliant again.

Coutinho isn't that great of a player. His main skill is curling the ball into the corner from the left side of the box. Looks great in highlight reels as he does it 5-10 times a season.

Apart from that, he's slightly above average on creating and average in all other areas (work rate, pressing, positioning etc)

I'd be happy if Rodgers would take him on loan at Leicester just to get his wages off the books and let Premiership clubs chase him next season when his stock has recovered

Gomes will go between 25-40M, Cillessen for 25M, Rafinha 25-35M, Rakitic 50-60M, Malcom 35-45M
Those are hopeful numbers.

Rakitic: 15 - 20 million
Malcolm: 25 - 35 mil
Gomez: 20 - 30 million
Rafihna 20 - 25 million
Cillessen: 10 -15 million

That said, I expect you'd end up loaning a few of them out. Too many often confuse how player values are determined. They think it's a function of just talent. It isn't.

Talent + Youth + Current team are desperate to keep him + acquiring team are desperate to have him = high fees.

Any of the above variable missing and you have to hope you are dealing with an idiot or the fees will be less. At present, variable 3 is missing for all the players you've listed, and for Rakitic so is variable 1.

I think your numbers are hopeful at best. If you get anything near 100 million for those guys, you've done well.

Then i think you have to look at the coaching. Coutinho was a brilliant player at Liverpool and before he left for Barcelona I was really hoping he would join us.

You don’t go from brilliant to terrible overnight. The old adage “form is temporary, class is permanent” is as true here as it as ever been and I have no doubt that in the right team, be it Barca under a different coach or another team, he will be brilliant again.
It's easier to be a brilliant playr when the team is built around you. The question is always whether you can be a quality player when the squad isn't.

I didn't think he'll be good here either for that reason.

Those are hopeful numbers.

Rakitic: 15 - 20 million
Malcolm: 25 - 35 mil
Gomes: 20 - 30 million
Rafihna 20 - 25 million
Cillessen: 10 -15 million

Odd because 3 of those players I listed fall in the same ranges you proposed and are basically coming from market value estimators - at the end of the day, of course, the market dictates

Cillessen will never be sold for 10-15 million when he was bought last season for 15m (Including variables) and has improved his market value.

Rakitic is even now currently rated in the market at 50-60m

Coutinho & Umtiti should fetch over 100m combined, at a minimum

As I have said, the net transfer issue for Barcelona will not be a problem - the board has been better in this regard. It's the wage bill, particularly if Griezmann does not take a massive paycut

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.