Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what?

I watched the video of all of our goals that City put on youtube and I'd forgotten he'd scored that many!

Few assists in there too.

I think he was absolutely dogshit in the cup games and that didn't help his case at all.

He'll get his shot next season.

He needs to keep up that level of performance or else he will be on the bench again, the competition for places in our squad is brutal, he will get his chance again next season.

Enjoyed watching him last week and he looked comfortable playing in this team. Fingers crossed we can see the true Mahrez tomorrow and next season

He is better when B.Silva is playing too and they can both alternate between central and wide right. When Mahrez is forced to stay on the right which is what had been happening in most of his appearances this season he slows us down too much as he likes to cut in field. If Sterling and Mahrez are both doing this from opposite sides it makes us too narrow.

Truth be told as quality as he is he isn't a perfect fit for our team because it really depends on who else is starting and where he is deployed. I think he's more of a second striker than a winger to be honest.

You know what?

I watched the video of all of our goals that City put on youtube and I'd forgotten he'd scored that many!

I think he was absolutely dogshit in the cup games and that didn't help his case at all.

I kept saying how many goals and assists he was getting,his stats have not been that bad for a first season,i've had faith he would come good

I kept saying how many goals and assists he was getting,his stats have not been that bad for a first season,i've had faith he would come good

I took the same view. And we have all seen the rise of Bernardo Silva. De Bruyne took time and a change of position before he hit the levels of last season as well. Mahrez came with a point to prove and in my opinion tried too hard to play the star man and often didn't make the most of the overlap or other players.

But hopefully he has learnt a lot this season and with that under his belt will kick on even more for us and fully integrate into the team.

You know what?

Yeah, I got a surprise too. Some real quality. I think he still will surprise us all.

Second game in a row he is playing great. Confidence does a lot to a player and Pep shows him the love now. They are also working on his right foot since he uses both side now, cutting in and outside, if he keeps working on that he is unstoppable.

Second game in a row he is playing great. Confidence does a lot to a player and Pep shows him the love now. They are also working on his right foot since he uses both side now, cutting in and outside, if he keeps working on that he is unstoppable.
His right foot was already quite good at Leicester, seen him assist and score several goals when still there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.