UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They got half of the job done already. After winning the league 90% of City news in media is all about cheating, doping, CL ban next season or 1 year later. Tarnishing our achievements. Even if we dont get any ban or fines later they still will be happy that they did this to us.

I am sure they already have new negative stories to be coming out Saturday night or maybe scheduled at Sunday.

Compare all this to what would have been going on in the media if Liverpool wins the title. They do hate City with passion, some journos on twitter are literally praying every day that they ban us, Castles, Traiq Panja, Nick Harris, every match we win they are the first to bring up human rights, financial doping, transfer spending etc.

The club has to handle it hard, taking pinches got us into this sort of situation.

2jg1gs6.gif

@Parisian is the expert on PSG - he may be able to flesh those out a bit. However, I don't think it's a surprise that the first big sanctions under FFP (at the same time as each other) were similar - testing what the clubs would accept.

As far as I know, PSG have not been accused of what City have, so there isn't anything to compare directly on that. Vice versa, the things you mention haven't been levelled at City, so there isn't anything to compare.
They were accused of something similar, if not the same ... https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/24/uefa-reopens-financial-fair-play-investigation-psg
... it is understood some members of the investigatory team believe the club’s sponsors have been paying inflated sums to boost income artificially, which the club denies. When closing the PSG investigation in June, Uefa said the Ligue 1 club’s break-even result had been “within acceptable deviation” for the past three financial years.

When UEFA reopened the investigation they should have done so in a 10 day period but took two months, so PSG's appeal against it being re-opened was upheld by CAS.

I have to ask myself, are UEFA that stupid to try something that broke their own rules so blatantly? Remarkable, if so. Doesn't seem right that these very experienced legal people on the UEFA panels didn't check this.

How sure can anyone be that these leaked / hacked emails are legit? They could be completely made up or legit emails that have been edited to make them look like we knew something we didn't... That's the problem UEFA have - they are putting 100% trust in someone actually having hacked our email servers and not tampered with anything...

There was a story a few weeks ago that PSG's owners were thinking about "scaling back" their investment in PSG due to the bad publicity (and PSG being sh*t in the CL) and maybe (just maybe) UEFA and the cartel are trying to smear our owners (and PSG's) to get them to back off their investments?
It sounds a bit "foil hat" nuts I know, but mud like this sticks - even if we get found not guilty of anything there will be a lot of people who will just think brown envelope's have been passed under the table and there's no smoke without fire etc etc...

Going back to the emails - as someone else has already said... where are all the other "damning" emails regarding other clubs? Seem's a bit odd that the only "leaked" emails to have surfaced are about us?

They were accused of something similar, if not the same ... https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/24/uefa-reopens-financial-fair-play-investigation-psg

When UEFA reopened the investigation they should have done so in a 10 day period but took two months, so PSG's appeal against it being re-opened was upheld by CAS.

I have to ask myself, are UEFA that stupid to try something that broke their own rules so blatantly? Remarkable, if so. Doesn't seem right that these very experienced legal people on the UEFA panels didn't check this.

They only made the deadline for investigating us by 1 day, so I think it's entire possible they fucked up and missed one for PSG. You have to remember most of these people aren't experienced lawyers but corrupt former bureaucrats.

I hope I'm totally wrong with this

But could the misleading investigators part, be that some of the money for the Etihad deal may well have come from the Emir (HH) and even though this is nothing to do with SM, Uefa feel that this was not disclosed originally and so by definition on Uefa's part City have misled them

I'm just putting this out there as we know Uefa like to move the goal posts
Etihad is a state airline. I don't see what room there is for ambiguity.

Totally agree mate, someone’s head surely must have rolled over this.Or perhaps it was an ex employee with an axe to grind.
Did someone say the entry to the e mails was through the passwords of some ex youth coaches who went to another club.

That was my understanding - that was in the Spiegel claims which UEFA have stated was one reason for the investigation.
It's nothing to do with UEFA - that is an Etihad Airways issue as to where they get the sponsorship funds from. Of course UEFA may see it differently but they too are clearly bound by international account rules.

They only made the deadline for investigating us by 1 day, so I think it's entire possible they fucked up and missed one for PSG. You have to remember most of these people aren't experienced lawyers but corrupt former bureaucrats.
Those in the adjudicatory chamber appear to be highly experienced lawyers. They were involved in the attempt to re-open the case because (and I quote) "The Adjudicatory Chamber ruled on 19 September 2018 that the case should be referred back to the Investigatory Chamber for further investigation." They had been given the task by the UEFA CFCB on June 13 so should have ruled by, I assume June 23 at the very latest.

If the legal professionals missed this, I'm astonished. None of them appear to have been changed as a result. Either they were extremely careless or allowed it to drag for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.