Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be very good friends with Sterling from what I've seen of the two together during international call ups

Or Angelino. 11 assists in all competitions, did well in the CL against Barca, Spurs and Inter, we might have a buy back clause, he’s 22 and homegrown. Zinchenko is good enough to be first choice LB, and Angelino would be an upgrade on Mendy when you take injuries into consideration
I like Zin, but this, he certainly isn't

We have amassed 198 points in 2 seasons with Mendy (when fit), Delph and Olek. Unless Delph and Mendy are both off I see no reason why we would fork out for another.

More pressing is Danilo/ Otamendi going, Kompany maybe going, and Fernandinho/ Silva's age.

Right Back.
Centre Half X2 (one to cover left back).
DM.
Midfielder.
Maybe a forward option.

That's 6.

a), because we must always look to improve
b), if the defence is called upon more in the coming seasons because others have strengthened, then the current incumbents might be further exposed

I like Zin, but this, he certainly isn't
Why? 22 starts, 22 wins in the PL. We have 70% possession in pretty much every game, and he works great in our system. Intelligent, good on the ball, great passing. Has also put in several great crosses this season. Pep likes to play with inverted fullbacks, and Zinchenko is a great one. Only 5 assists, but could have at least twice if our attackers had been more clinical. He`s only 22, and has improved massively the last season, and he will only get better. He really loves being here, and his mentality is fantastic. I absolutely love him

Why? 22 starts, 22 wins in the PL. We have 70% possession in pretty much every game, and he works great in our system. Intelligent, good on the ball, great passing. Has also put in several great crosses this season. Pep likes to play with inverted fullbacks, and Zinchenko is a great one. Only 5 assists, but could have at least twice if our attackers had been more clinical. He`s only 22, and has improved massively the last season, and he will only get better. He really loves being here, and his mentality is fantastic. I absolutely love him
In my honest opinion Zinchenko is great but if you look at the beginning of our season when we had a healthy Mendy it showed how much better we are with an fast overlapping proper LB who can put in a cross. Zinchenko is excellent for our possession based football, but Mendy provided something different in our game. Now that neither Sané or Mendy play we've missed that across the goal tap in that we always scored in the beginning of the season. We scored a lot more goals in the first half of the season.

I dont rate Chilwell and i dont want him, especially at prices quoted for England players. The good thing about Zinchenko is he doesnt mind spending a period of time on the bench, and he can play in a variety of positions. We need cover for Fern, Dave and maybe Sergio imo.

he is still developing and is playing out of position. IMO, to be the #1 LB, you need to be oven ready - Zin, currently isn't

In my honest opinion Zinchenko is great but if you look at the beginning of our season when we had a healthy Mendy it showed how much better we are with an fast overlapping proper LB who can put in a cross. Zinchenko is excellent for our possession based football, but Mendy provided something different in our game. Now that neither Sané or Mendy play we've missed that across the goal tap in that we always scored in the beginning of the season. We scored a lot more goals in the first half of the season.
We were not as tired at the beginning of the season as we are at the end of the season. Mendy is without a shadow of a doubt better offensively, but we look much more stable with Zinchenko in the side. Both are great players, just hope Mendy can stay injury free from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.