UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confident from everything I’ve read that City have already completed all the work they need to with regards the UEFA investigation. It’s just a case of releasing already prepared press statements at each stage before the case is thrown out.

The impression I get is City are now on with laying the groundwork for what happens after the case is thrown out. Simply being found “not guilty” or avoiding a ban won’t be anywhere close to the recourse City will want for this whole episode.
Yep. Regardless of whether City are cleared or not cleared by UEFA's highest Kangeroo Court or by CAS I suspect UEFA are going to have to defened their processes in the Swis Courts.

I wonder if you could find a post from that guy anywhere, that he bemoaned all the other clubs who had plenty of money before City’s fortunes changed?

Stating how they were ruining the game? I would think they were non existent.

On the hostility accusation, I can attest to that being pish. When I joined here I was subjected to the famous Clarkies from all angles. I think the expression is, Clarkied to Fuck. It was brutal, but fucking hilarious and made up my mind to stay. I didn’t know which way to turn. Just tried to hold my own under the barrage and once the penny dropped laughed even harder.

I still get stuck sometimes but who the fuck doesn’t?

I do hate it when supporters of other clubs make a big deal about City getting backed, when it was ok when they had all the fucking cash though.

Plus my uncle was a city fan so I’m related sort of.

On the topic, I did see it being mentioned on CNN this morning. It seems you doing ok ducks a lot of people off. I hope it comes to nothing.
Good post Magic.

It was a bit different with you though as everybody new you were a cun.t from day one. ;)

Hi,

Please don't ban me as this is my first post and I'm just interested to get some answers. I came on here this morning as obviously we've all seen the news and I wanted to gauge what the average City fans reaction is.

Now (here comes the part where I fear I'll be banned) it seems that looking at the club from the outside there's obvious "financial doping" going on. I can't see how City could have achieved this much success in such a short space of time without it.

So, I am just wondering where the thoughts that UEFA have an agenda against City are coming from? I understand the opinion that FFP caters to the established big teams and ensures that they remain that way, but aside from that, I can't see what other reason there is to be angry? Surely UEFA are investigating/bringing charges for a reason other than they just don't like City.

They wouldn't just be looking into the club for no reason either, right? There's no smoke without fire & all that?

Apologies for signing up just to ask a simple questions but I know no City fans personally and there's no chance of getting sense out of anyone on Twitter etc

Even breaking it down to the most simple terms, as I (the average, not massively invested football fan) see it, City agreed to play by certain rules and have essentially broken or attempted to break those rules. Is this correct?

Again, please don't ban me for this. I'm just a confused neutral with no idea what's going on!

Thanks
There's plenty of information from a user called Prestwich Blue on here. He's delved into the whole issue and put together quite a good article on how UEFA have used FFP against us. It's on here somewhere. (Very) basically though:
  • City were failing FFP and we agreed with UEFA on repayment and which players wages from which year were to be included in the calculations
  • City then produced yearly results and UEFA the very same day I think changed the rules on FFP to make sure the players wages above were not included in the calculations hence we failed FFP in the new calculation tool they put out. IE UEFA moved the goalposts when they knew we would pass!
  • Since then it has been going on for years but what has become clear is that EVERY time City look like they're breaking the Premier League and becoming dominant the media (Who generally want the big club/big fanbase clicks/income) start reporting on FFP (And other negative news they can dredge up IE Sterling or Allez allez)... and instead of celebrations of our success we are faced with totally negative headlines that malign the club (When you consider the relationships in the press with the big clubs and the money they can make when collaborating - this is important to them) Success is supposed to bread success, not in this case they will not allow it.

When you consider that FFP was engineered by ex utd man Gill (At a time when Utd were big), and when you consider how FFP prevents owners from investing their own money which is counter to European directives around being able to invest your own money, and when you consider that Utd, Arsenal, other teams have links to Soudi Arabia and are working in partnership with them, or that we all watch the Abu Dhabi grand prix and no one cares about human rights then excpet for when it is City involved, and when you consider that FFP is there to keep teams like LFC/Utd/Bayern/RM successful whilst stopping anyone else from spending as much as them, or that teams like LFC have represetatives in the press who release this shite every time we're successful (Check those reporters and who they support).... it annoys the fuck out of the average City fan.

The big club friendly media are the ones who have coined a lot of the terms City fans are now used to.... Sportwashing, state funding, Financial doping etc.... but these things read like a party political campaign... When Pep and the club say it is orchestrated they mean it and it is true, but you have to live and breath it every day to understand it for what it is and how it manifests.

To City this is a battle for recognition. For the average football fan this is a battle to stop the cartel of big clubs from taking complete control through an illegal process.

Question for you though.... did you know LFC failed FFP?

Edit: some information from prestwich blue with the background, hefty read though - https://boltfromtheblue.live/2018/11/18/how-uefa-shifted-the-goalposts-to-shaft-man-city/

This is a nonsense line from them though, because misleading them has no relevance to anything unless it's misleading them over something material. I could mislead you saying I've got a 15" pecker, but it matters not unless you try to marry me for it.

Agree that's my take on this as well.

From our friends 'close to the investigation' it seems that our financials are ok but we have been charged as we misled the FFP investigation.

Why would this matter when the audited accounts show definitive proof of our income? Can anyone think of a reason why misleading the investigation could be such a serious breach and lead to a one years expulsion from the CL?

Is there some clause in FFP about being open and transparent maybe or is there something else I'm missing?

Please tell me that’s not a real thing?

On that vein though. If had had been better looking, a better singer, I would probably have been one of the greatest musicians ever, oh and better at the guitar and song writing. And I would have been shagging all the worlds most beautiful women.

That’s a far greater tragedy in my book.

I wonder if any **** will take up that injustice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.