Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm of the same mind. Two years is a long time in football and he earns a relatively modest £65k a week, so it would be costing the club peanuts to keep a genuine game-changer in the squad mix.

The only issue comes if that results in a lack of professionalism from him. We don't need the money, though. We shouldn't care what other people think if we allow a 25-26-year-old coming into his peak to walk away for nothing.

Lewandowski did so.

We can still afford to go out and buy his long-term replacement. Sane and his advisers just need to know that we wouldn't be bluffing and any lack of professionalism won't force an exit.

In that respect, it would be up to Sane's side to convince Bayern to pony up the suitable price now.

Lack of professionalism/acting out would be very unwise if he wants to go to the Euro's in 2020. 65k/week is only 3m a year, an almost insignificant number for a club with £600m revenue.

He could easily be made to sit on the naughty step for 12 months and watch another international tournament pass him by if he and his agents try to force something.

We need to start signing players on 5+1 year contracts, where we can activate an additional year at our disrection. Would help a lot in situations like this. I know the Rag's transfer policy has been laughable, but it's the one thing I feel we should be copying.
As for Sane, I really hope he stays and don't get the criticism of his performances. The 'attitude' must be a behind the scenes issue as I really don't have a problem with his output, effort or even defensive work. If he 100% wants to go, I guess it's best to cash in. Hope that isn't the case though.

Just watched the video of all our goals this season. His goals and assists are just pure quality. He is the most natural striker of a ball we have (other than Vinnie). He will get better and wiser with age. It would be very disappointing to lose him, particularly to the c**nts at Bayern.

wouldn't sell them a virus, lol

I'm of the same mind. Two years is a long time in football and he earns a relatively modest £65k a week, so it would be costing the club peanuts to keep a genuine game-changer in the squad mix.

The only issue comes if that results in a lack of professionalism from him. We don't need the money, though. We shouldn't care what other people think if we allow a 25-26-year-old coming into his peak to walk away for nothing.

Lewandowski did so.

We can still afford to go out and buy his long-term replacement. Sane and his advisers just need to know that we wouldn't be bluffing and any lack of professionalism won't force an exit.

In that respect, it would be up to Sane's side to convince Bayern to pony up the suitable price now.

He is being used more and more on the bench.
Now I like Leroy but he has to try and get his act together and sign a new deal.
If not we get the best fee we can for him.Makes no sense to have him here for 2 seasons and leave for free.

Lewandowski did so.

Suitable price being correct.

If he doesn't want to sign up, then whoever wants him, pays the going rate.

Otherwise no, & watch Bayern do a fucking runner if they have to pay what he's worth. Then he'll see it for himself how important he is to them & it's upto him if he wants to hang on for two years & see if they come back. All the while being looked at as someone we want to replace, or sign for City & become a star here.

We need to start signing players on 5+1 year contracts, where we can activate an additional year at our disrection. Would help a lot in situations like this. I know the Rag's transfer policy has been laughable, but it's the one thing I feel we should be copying.
As for Sane, I really hope he stays and don't get the criticism of his performances. The 'attitude' must be a behind the scenes issue as I really don't have a problem with his output, effort or even defensive work. If he 100% wants to go, I guess it's best to cash in. Hope that isn't the case though.

The problem with that is the only reason those United players are agreeing to 5+1 deals is because they can't believe how much money is getting chucked at them in the first place.

Not hard to convince Martial to agree to an extra year when he and his agent are still trying to process the fact you've just offered them 200k/week.

He is being used more and more on the bench.
Now I like Leroy but he has to try and get his act together and sign a new deal.
If not we get the best fee we can for him.Makes no sense to have him here for 2 seasons and leave for free.

So we show the world that if a player is tapped up, we will let him go for less than he's worth ?

We could sign them on deals which we agree to renegotiate, subject to performance.

Yeah that's true but IIRC going back to Soriano's book, he's against personal incentives as when they tried it at Barca it turned into a shit fest. That's why all ours are team based, with a few exceptions for broader individual things like winning the ballon d'or or getting POTY.

And to be fair I don't think the club has been shy to offer pay rises. They first offered Leroy a new deal last summer, when he was only 2 years into a 5 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.