Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Barcelona are willing to trigger his release clause too, but Rodri is a Atletico boyhood fan so I don't think he's willing to piss off his own club like that. If we fail to get Rodrigo (which seems quite unlikely at the moment), we could go for Thomas Partey who has a 50m release clause according to his agent.

He's been on Barcelona's radar before but I haven't read anything credible linking us to him recently. The AS article today only mentions that City are not the only club willing to trigger his release clause - the issue I see, potentially, is what Cerezo has said on the matter. He will not negotiate better terms with the player, if the player wants to go and a club willing to pay the clause then he's gone - in this case, Rodri would have to deposit the total clause like Neymar did

So if City/Txiki are willing to pay it and the player agrees to the project and wages, then it's done. Just a question of whether the player wants to leave and if so, if City & Pep are his preferred destination

He won't be a priority for Barca after them signing De Jong. I rate Rodri & he's big unit as well ...

I didn't think so either but the same credible Atleti source that confirmed there are willing clubs to pay his buyout, says Barca is one of those few clubs along with City (possibly Bayern?)

Silly season starts earlier and earlier

Not seen this guy play so only seen the videos. His apparent lack of mobility would be a concern.....is this accurate? Pep mentioned in his last presser about the fact that we are a small team so he clearly ticks that box for Pep.

Not seen this guy play so only seen the videos. His apparent lack of mobility would be a concern.....is this accurate? Pep mentioned in his last presser about the fact that we are a small team so he clearly ticks that box for Pep.
I know it worked for Barcelona and Pep's smashing all PL records, but I can't help but think we need a defensive midfielder who has recovery pace, aggression, stops counters and breaks up play. If he does lack mobility, it could be a problem when facing counter attacks.

Saul ticks all these boxes but would cost a ton and clearly loves Atletico so it'd be difficult to convince him. Many have said Rodri's been Atletico's best midfielder and he's obviously highly rated. Not seen much of him but sounds like he's exactly what Pep's looking for. Ndidi's a defensive monster is only 22, PL proven, tall & quick. I was surprised by his ability on the ball as well.

I'd be happy with either of these 3 tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.