UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good lawyer will tell the judge that city were not informed specifically about which documents to submit amidst thousands of paperwork . I don’t think our owners and directors are that stupid not to disclose the main documents . If it will come to that , it’s just a small change hit at city which uefa will eventually split evenly among the cocksuckers .
Afterward sheikh should just jack oil price in Europe for a day .

Careful. Anyone carrying a Cityzen will be exempt.

So fucking dumb he didn't even change his user name forum-to-forum.

Sid, your detective work is strong -- perhaps you could ring up the Merseyside Police department and help them out as they've been stumped for a year over who bricked City's coach.

Failing that, you could go freelance, work for the dippers and tackle the complex and confounding case of who threw a flare at a 9-year-old disabled Chelsea fan. A month into the investigation and somehow they remain mystified.

Not to mention helping out with some detective work on the fountain pusher. Because as of now, he still hasn’t been banned despite LFC knowing exactly who he is

The 100 M€ valuation was clearly a "your sponsorship is to big, let's cut it in half and settle for 100 M and everyone is happy".
Then at the demands of Tebas and the cartel, and immediately after Neymar/Mbappé transfers, UEFA had to do something to calm their historical members. They used several external audit companies and put the "fair market value".

The third attempt though is already dodgier. It is the portuguese european judge (that i described as an hardliner earlier) who decided there was a manifest error made by the investigation team and asked them to restart a deeper investigation and put a bigger devaluation on those contracts.
https://www.ft.com/content/c4cec6a2-7ed6-11e8-bc55-50daf11b720d

It is quite telling that from 2014 to 2017 (and the exact moment PSg bought Neymar and Mbappé), UEFA had seemingly no problem with QTA fair market value.
Why is suddenly this contract made 7 years ago (and in the meantime, Qatar had reduced the initial 200 M given to PSG to 145 M) so sensitive according to you ?
The only incident that sparked their wrath was getting those galacticos signing from the old cartel.
Possibly crossed wires here, there's no sensitivity for me with this. I was responding with a comment about the similarity of a once closed investigation being re-opened/re-investigated for both clubs, but wondering why the very experienced legal members of the UEFA chambers missed their deadline of 10 days by 6 weeks. It's about the procedures not the technical details which, as you say, differ between the cases.

I’ve already thanked Parisian for his informative post.

I think the general consensus on here is we are getting more vindictive shit thrown at us than PSG, not just in Europe but domestically as well. The Rags and the Dipper media are feeding the non City fans a perception that we are cheats and money dopers amongst other accusations. Internal pressures from the likes of Gill and Parry at UEFA are having the desired effect, fuelling ridiculously invidious reporting.

I’ve just read about PSG Chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi, he is to join the UEFA Executive Committee despite him being involved in suspected bribery regarding Beins bids for the 2026 and 2030 World Cup TV rights. It’s alleged he provided a luxury Italian villa for a FIFA Official.

Him, Agnelli from Juventus, Gill, Parry, the bent twats from Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid, etc, Uefa is rotten to its fucking core.
You have that impression because you are a City fan and are confronted with all the negative stuffs being told about your club.

Press is constantly critical of PSG.
First of all, international press is always critical of PSG. For being Qatar royalty club and for being a french club ( the farmer league, i see you bleacher report !).
Look at that Guardian article after PSG lost to Liverpool ! Isn't this formidable ? https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/19/psg-liverpool-thomas-tuchel-football
But the worst part is France press is immensely critical of PSG too. PSG is in open conflict with the monopolistic daily sport newspaper L'Equipe. L'Equipe is used to write fake news about PSG : they said there was a turmoil in PSG staff because of sandwiches choice, that Verratti and Matuidi went to party the night before a huge loss in CL (PSG put in a legal complaint and L'Equipe had to write an apology in their next edition). When they don't write outright fake news, they'll search any dirt possible and make a story, because people like to hate PSG in France. When Football Leaks was published by Media Part (you have to pay for each article), L'Equipe partnered with them and offered free article viewing for one week. When there was a suspicion about Red Star Belgrade fixing their own game against PSG, they immediately put in as their first page insinuating PSG was behind (they said Nasser had a metting with the Red Star guy which was proven wrong, allegedly the journo got the tip from UEFA...).
This is what l'Equipe used as their first page (left) before PSG lost 6 - 1 at Barcelona (picturing Barça players as PUMPED = gonflés à bloc).
How can the only one daily sportsnews paper headline to cheer for the opponent of the french club when they have just won 4 - 0 the first game ?
In the right side, they are picturing : All Monegasques ! (All for Monaco) before Monaco win against City in the return leg.
Here is another collection of bad press for PSG from l'equipe in their first page :
This is a long review in french of L'equipe relationship with PSG : http://canal-supporters.com/2017/03...t-aux-ultras-retour-sur-une-saison-dattaques/

And we have our local foe in the name of Aulas and international foe in the name of Tebas :

http://global.espn.com/football/soc...las-voices-ffp-concern-after-neymars-psg-move
https://www.the42.ie/jean-michel-aulas-3587351-Sep2017/
https://www.90min.com/posts/5464374...elaifi-after-retweeting-x-rated-kangaroo-post
https://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/Ch...ampions-league-over-ffp-breach-tebas-20181116

PSG was always a popular club in France but also hated. However, since the Qatari takeover, PSG while becoming more popular is the most hated club in France and prolly worldwide. City has Pep and the PL as redeeming factor.
And this is evidenced by the recent comments from Qatar owners that are displeased with all the negative comments about PSG, even in France.
As i told you, if you think City has it hard, PSG has it harder.

About Nasser Al Khelaifi, i have to remind you his election in the UEFA executive committee is the result of Gazidis leaving for Milan AC (can't have two seats with people from the same league and Agnelli from Juve has already one). He has been voted, not by UEFA but by fellow clubs presidents. UEFA has merely ratified the election.
About his corruption in WC bid,first of all, it has nothing to do with PSG whatsoever and even UEFA since WC is a FIFA matter. I will also add that i'm sure he and the Qatari rulers used corruption to get their bid accepted. I'm not naive, it is how it works. There was already report of corruption for more "legitimate nation bidders" like Germany, South Africa, Brazil, Russia when they won. Qatar is just following the trend with maybe more suitcases.
The funny thing is you are already judging him as guilty for alleged wrongdoing. I guess you are as quick to believe alleged City crime then and is rooting for your club rightful punishment by UEFA then.
Still, that has nothing to do with PSG FFP situation. Or are you suggesting that Qatar bribed FFP to be under constant threat, get the contract devaluated, have to sell all their bench players, being on the wrong side of refereeing (even if it doesn't explain all their failures) ?

Last edited:
Interested in who you would invite assuming that the CL teams might not jump ship. Maybe an Inter or AC Milan would and potentially PSV, Celtic etc. Not the elite but certainly teams that would have sizeable home and away support.

This would be a great idea, invite say Us, Newcastle, Everton, Leicester from the Prem plus the teams you say as well as Valencia, Athletico Madrid from Spain maybe teams such as Marseille etc....as you say not the elite but good enough and with mega prize money this group of clubs could become the new 'elite'. Could even do it on a world level but have it like Eurozone, Asia, Africa etc to save long haul journeys during the season and then have some sort of 'Finals' held every couple of years or something for even more prize money.

And let the cartel watch from the outside while never being allowed a slice of this pie.

Fuck them all

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but anyone read this. The Eurojust bit at the end is worrying.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbym...nchester-citys-next-big-problem/#3d4d92245d19

This is a red herring mischievously linked to us on the basis that if there is an investigation going on, it must involve us. And, of course, we're box office in terms of clicks.

Eurojust is simply a co-operative of tax enforcement regimes from around Europe. The point of forming the group was to liaise and facilitate the swapping of information across jurisdictions because doing so is notoriously difficult. Nothing wrong with that at all.

This becomes interesting because they have come into possession of 12 million files of hacked information from Rui Pinto. Presumably the same information that was leaked to Der Spiegel. Interestingly they admit they don't know if they have all the information (and how could they ? How could UEFA for that matter ?)

Either way, the point if the group is to facilitate the passing of that information across jurisdictions some of which have different rules about the admissibility of stolen documents.

One thing seems clear to me, if City are involved then so are most clubs buying players at the highest level. It doesn't concern me because enquiries by the tax authorities are a) confidential and b) not driven by the media or competitors.

A second issue that interests me is how would an investigator know what was contained in 12m files. Those authorities who have looked at them have done what most investigative agencies do and search by keywords. So I type in "Manchester City" and it throws up every document with those keywords. Tax authorities can generally be trusted to perform that operation with integrity.

As far as the unofficial leaks are concerned, because platforms to hold that number of files and enable keyword searches are so expensive, the illegal hackers couldn't do it like that.

What actually appears to have happened is that the files were divvied up to a co-operative of 60 "investigative journalists" who, presumably, unsupervised and uncontrolled, performed their own searches. No-one knows who they are or what searches they performed, their motive for partaking in the exercise or how impartial or otherwise their activities were. In short, a journalist assumong rhey have a facility to do keyword searches could type in "Manchester City", select samples of correspondence to prove a point and no-one would question their methodology or be any the wiser.

Last edited:
This would be a great idea, invite say Us, Newcastle, Everton, Leicester from the Prem plus the teams you say as well as Valencia, Athletico Madrid from Spain maybe teams such as Marseille etc....as you say not the elite but good enough and with mega prize money this group of clubs could become the new 'elite'. Could even do it on a world level but have it like Eurozone, Asia, Africa etc to save long haul journeys during the season and then have some sort of 'Finals' held every couple of years or something for even more prize money.

And let the cartel watch from the outside while never being allowed a slice of this pie.

Fuck them all
Just make up our own set of rules, like;
No teams that play in red can enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.