Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

9059a666c3fa337fb969eaecffc86065.jpg
Perfect!

Interesting choice. He is a capable actor. But I hope he bulks up. Afleck set a new standard for how batman should look in my opinion. I don't want a skinny kid

In terms of the movie direction I am a little bit disappointed. Do we need another young batman movie? Can if improve on batman begins? I was far more interested in the direction they were going, with an older Bruce Wayne. I would have preferred recasting that role instead of a reboot.

My idea for Affleck batman movie would have him looking to heal the rift between himself, Nightwing and batgirl. My thinking was he sent them away after the death of Jason Todd. But Todd reeemerges and Bruce needs their help to bring him in

I don't know what I would call it, it would not be the Batman I would prefer to use a name that refers to the bat family. Would The Bat Family be a cool name or a shit name?

Well, there's a reason why there's a young 'Batman' story line needed. In this current arc of 'The Bat', he's really angry, he's started out branding crims with a hot iron and killing them when forced. I find the softening of 'The Bat' within 'JLS' jarring with the current arc of the stand alone film (well 'BvS'). But,I digress...

[I think it's] 'The Dark Knight Returns' is what Affleck's 'Batman' is based upon. They've decided to take the edge off the character; he's not as grizzly, not as disillusioned, but it's definitely after the death of 'Jason Todd'.

Whilst I think he's an average actor (as is Affleck) I can see him doing a decent job of it.

I could think of at least ten people better off the top of my head though.

I think the age of the actor plays an important part of what stage in BW's life that 'Bats' comes into play. I'm struggling to see how Pattinson can play a character old enough to have a sidekick in 'Robin', so it rules out the 'Jason Todd' story line.

So, this may be young early 20s(Timothee Chamalet may still have a surprise role in this, then) 'Bruce Wayne' to fledgling 'Bats' with Pattinson in his 30s, move to sidekicks/ death/ Joker in 'TBM2' and revisit Affleck's disillusioned retired 'Bats' in 'TBM3' with 'TDK' arc & pre 'BvS'.

I have nothing to go on, except the pieces already laid out.

The only young batman story I am interested in seeing is a live action remake of the mask of the phantasm. That would be very cool to see. Bruce goes through a real journey in that movie

I have mentioned previously that it would be good to see his proper development into this particular 'Batman', from his criminal underground connections to his near death from an assassin to his learning his final skills from 'Ra's Al Ghul'.

I know Matt Reeves wants to make a trilogy. I'm just not sure of where this fits in to the order, but have had a 'logical' guess

Well, there's a reason why there's a young 'Batman' story line needed. In this current arc of 'The Bat', he's really angry, he's started out branding crims with a hot iron and killing them when forced. I find the softening of 'The Bat' within 'JLS' jarring with the current arc of the stand alone film (well 'BvS'). But,I digress...

[I think it's] 'The Dark Knight Returns' is what Affleck's 'Batman' is based upon. They've decided to take the edge off the character; he's not as grizzly, not as disillusioned, but it's definitely after the death of 'Jason Todd'.

I think the age of the actor plays an important part of what stage in BW's life that 'Bats' comes into play. I'm struggling to see how Pattinson can play a character old enough to have a sidekick in 'Robin', so it rules out the 'Jason Todd' story line.

So, this may be young early 20s(Timothee Chamalet may still have a surprise role in this, then) 'Bruce Wayne' to fledgling 'Bats' with Pattinson in his 30s, move to sidekicks/ death/ Joker in 'TBM2' and revisit Affleck's disillusioned retired 'Bats' in 'TBM3' with 'TDK' arc & pre 'BvS'.

I have nothing to go on, except the pieces already laid out.

I have mentioned previously that it would be good to see his proper development into this particular 'Batman', from his criminal underground connections to his near death from an assassin to his learning his final skills from 'Ra's Al Ghul'.

I know Matt Reeves wants to make a trilogy. I'm just not sure of where this fits in to the order, but have had a 'logical' guess

Dude what are you talking about?!i the dceu is dead. This batman film has nothing to do with the dceu. It Is a reboot, very plainly to see. It would not suprise me if this movie has more connection to the phoneix joker movie than the Affleck movies

Dude what are you talking about?!i the dceu is dead. This batman film has nothing to do with the dceu. It Is a reboot, very plainly to see. It would not suprise me if this movie has more connection to the phoneix joker movie than the Affleck movies

It is a standalone series, sure, but it won't be a "Batman' goes to Mars" as a totally new concept!

Its roots, like it or not, are tied to DC canon and that includes 'elseworld' stories as Nolan's effort was.

For it to be successful, it has to be established and return to the source.

Last edited:
Just watched the science fiction film Upgrade. Well worth watching. Also try Hard core Henry. Don't try "Boar", It's a shit remake of "Razorback".
Man from nowhere is worth watching as is Operation Mekong.

Regarding Batman is it possible they want a younger one to leave the possibility of Phoenix's Joker coming in? This Joker is going to be a huge success so execs will be loathe to leave it as an individual piece. A re-imagined DCEU if you will.

Regarding Batman is it possible they want a younger one to leave the possibility of Phoenix's Joker coming in? This Joker is going to be a huge success so execs will be loathe to leave it as an individual piece. A re-imagined DCEU if you will.

This has legs.

The 'Joker' the Aflleck 'Bats' faces is supposed to be disciple of 'Joker' in the 'elseworld' canon.

This has legs.

The 'Joker' the Aflleck 'Bats' faces is supposed to be disciple of 'Joker' in the 'elseworld' canon.
I can't find much official stuff from DC/WB currently, have you seen anything? Hopefully they are keeping their head down and really putting some effort in this time. Not just following the smell of a quick buck. They must be aware how much interest there is in this Joker. Hopefully they learn from the doomed DCEU.

I can't find much official stuff from DC/WB currently, have you seen anything? Hopefully they are keeping their head down and really putting some effort in this time. Not just following the smell of a quick buck. They must be aware how much interest there is in this Joker. Hopefully they learn from the doomed DCEU.

Well, since Reeves isn't releasing it until 2021, there's time to see how "Joker" hits us, this year!

I think they'd need permission to to carry that arc forward, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.