Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much were Coutinho, Dembele and De Jong? How much will De Ligt and Griezmann be? Be fair mate you spend big and no one bats an eyelid.
It’s a fucking joke,we get battered for spending what £50 mill and £52-54 on walker and Mendy,sick and tired of this bullshit that we are the ones spending huge amounts on transfer targets it’s a myth that has somehow become the truth ..

Coutinho & Dembélé were signed based on what the selling club set, no one was competing with Barcelona. De Jong only wanted Barcelona as is the case with De Ligt. Each one of these players grew up dreaming of playing for Barcelona.

Alexis Sanchez turned down more money when he left Udinese when Pozzo openly complained that they couldn’t get fair market value because the player only wanted Barça

Griezmann has a buyout like Rodri, paying the fee doesn’t guarantee landing the player and in Antoine’s case he’d have to actually take a substantial pay cut to make the move happen

Maybe you misunderstood what I posted, 9/10 a player chooses Barcelona - like De Jong & probably De Ligt. Pep, however, can tip the scales back to move it from 9/10 towards the middle or even in the other direction

And no, Barcelona aren't paying more than any club can - they have something that cannot be bought and this is what draws so many of the biggest players in the world. More so when they are Dutch and come from the Cruyff school. Same school as Pep - now imagine how great that draw was when he was coaching Barcelona?

You're certainly an attractive destination for many reasons but one of them is that you pay the same or more than other big and rich clubs would pay. Big name, romantics, nice city and weather on one side, but if you don't match the money someone else would pay, you'd lose the layer 7 of 10 times. When you do match, then you are in front though. Your wage bill is huge and you're not shy of paying huge transfer fees in last few years.

Premier League only recently started to catch up with top wages Barcelona and Madrid are paying. Messi is the best player on the planet but I doubt he'd get million per week anywhere in PL. Bale had double of top wages in PL for years. It was 250k per week for ages in PL for top players. Then Rooney broke it and few others got that money. No team in PL would come close to pay De Jong what he reportedly got at barcelona. Maybe after year or two top performances at new club like we paid Sterling top dollars when he proved his worth, but immediately, no chance any club, even Rags, would pay him that money. We got Sane for 50-60k per week, Jesus even less initially. I doubt Bernardo was at more than 100k when signed.

I don't know how are you making it, but some of the wages for the biggest stars in El Clasico teams are obscene. And with all hugeness of those 2 clubs, the money players are getting when signing for two of you is the one of the main reasons you get them.

Last edited:
Coutinho & Dembélé were signed based on what the selling club set, no one was competing with Barcelona. De Jong only wanted Barcelona as is the case with De Ligt. Each one of these players grew up dreaming of playing for Barcelona.

Alexis Sanchez turned down more money when he left Udinese when Pozzo openly complained that they couldn’t get fair market value because the player only wanted Barça

Griezmann has a buyout like Rodri, paying the fee doesn’t guarantee landing the player and in Antoine’s case he’d have to actually take a substantial pay cut to make the move happen
You honestly believe griezmann is going to take a paid cut? It's his last big payday!? Players go to Barca for the money like every other club don't kid yourself. You think messi would be hanging around if you were paying him 20k a week.

You're certainly an attractive destination for many reasons but one of them is that you pay the same or more than other big and rich clubs would pay. Big name, romantics, nice city and weather on one side, but if you don't match the money someone else would pay, you'd lose the layer 7 of 10 times. When you do match, then you are in front though. Your wage bill is huge and you're not shy of paying huge transfer fees in last few years.

Premier League only recently started to catch up with top wages Barcelona and Madrid are paying. Messi is the best player on the planet but I doubt he'd get million per week anywhere in PL. Bale had double of top wages in PL for years. It was 250k per week for ages in PL for top players. Than Rooney broke it and few others got that money. No team in PL would come close to pay De Jong what he reportedly got at barcelona. Maybe after year or two top performances at new club like we paid Sterling top dollars when he proved his worth, but immediately, no chance any club, even Rags, would pay him that money. We got Sane for 50-60k per week, Jesus even less initially. I doubt Bernardo was at more than 100k when signed.

I don't know how are you making it, but some of the wages for the biggest stars in El Clasico teams are obscene. And with all hugeness of those 2 clubs, the money players are getting when signing for two of you is the one of the main reasons you get them.
Let's not forget the tax avoidance incentive which if not encouraged by La Ligas big 2 a blind eye is certainly turned.

I can't understand how Frenkie De Jong & Rodri has the same market value ( release clause, asking price ...or call it whatever you want ) .

The first is exceptional talent, and the second is strong, tall & good player.

Maybe he is worth 70m, but I really can't see it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.