How Big is our warchest?

Gozzah

Just wondering, since Pep say We don’t have the money to pay Griezmanns buyout clause (€125M)

Bigger than at most clubs. It's just that we don't really use it to pay huge money for individual players. We rather spread it on few of them. I guess 150-200 mil. at least and more than that depending on who we sell.

Last edited:
How many players are we likely to target with 200 Mill?

If were after Tier 1 players it'll cost Tier 1 money so no more than 3.

Suppose it depends on who is defo leaving along with ageing players replacements and if they need to be replaced in the squad by Academy players or direct replacements.
I reckon Delph - Mangala - Ottamendi - Bravo with outside chance of Gundogan, Sane & Kompany (I hope not for these last 2)

If we get 3 big special quality players to replace Delph - Mangala - Ottamendi one has to be Fernas future replacement so say Fernandes, Ndombele and De Ligt (I know Barca bound allegedly) - Im happy Muric for GK no 2 with Grimshaw backup that squad starts to look insane.

How many players are we likely to target with 200 Mill?

If were after Tier 1 players it'll cost Tier 1 money so no more than 3.

Suppose it depends on who is defo leaving along with ageing players replacements and if they need to be replaced in the squad by Academy players or direct replacements.
I reckon Delph - Mangala - Ottamendi - Bravo with outside chance of Gundogan, Sane & Kompany (I hope not for these last 2)

If we get 3 big special quality players to replace Delph - Mangala - Ottamendi one has to be Fernas future replacement so say Fernandes, Ndombele and De Ligt (I know Barca bound allegedly) - Im happy Muric for GK no 2 with Grimshaw backup that squad starts to look insane.

Not sure Muric is a shoe in for the #2 keeper spot. I don't think the club will have bought Zack Steffen on a lark.

i wouldnt be surprised if with the incoming transfer ban likely then this summer we spent £300m ish gross. Don`t forget we have the likes of otamendi, delph, danilo, and loads of fringe players and wage savings going as well. We also made money last summer with only signing mahrez so we should have plenty in the pot!

Problem may be enticing tier 1 players if a CL ban is on the horizon

We will still attract quality but don’t need star signings

Spend it wisely as we have done with Pep

Suspect we have circa £200m and will sell a couple... so I’d expect 3 or 4 top notch signings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.