Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand how Frenkie De Jong & Rodri has the same market value ( release clause, asking price ...or call it whatever you want ) .

The first is exceptional talent, and the second is strong, tall & good player.

Maybe he is worth 70m, but I really can't see it yet.
Different type of players. If you go over on the barca forum, seem some would rather have signed Rodri, as the demand for a proper dmid is higher. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say he too has the potential to be a generational talent. He is unique in some ways and with Pep, who knows what is possible. I personally think Gundo will be used quite a bit next season in the league, when teams sit so deep vs us... But the need and rarity of this type of player is obvious. Fernandinho doesn't do the flashy for us and has proved invaluable to our success.

Last edited:
Coutinho & Dembélé were signed based on what the selling club set, no one was competing with Barcelona. De Jong only wanted Barcelona as is the case with De Ligt. Each one of these players grew up dreaming of playing for Barcelona.

Alexis Sanchez turned down more money when he left Udinese when Pozzo openly complained that they couldn’t get fair market value because the player only wanted Barça

Griezmann has a buyout like Rodri, paying the fee doesn’t guarantee landing the player and in Antoine’s case he’d have to actually take a substantial pay cut to make the move happen

well by all accounts de jong met pep and wanted to join us ! fee was agreed with ajax as well and then we asked to put the transfer on ice for a bit which upset him it seems.

well by all accounts de jong met pep and wanted to join us ! fee was agreed with ajax as well and then we asked to put the transfer on ice for a bit which upset him it seems.

The truth may never be known for people like you & I but I suspect Pep et al know more. As I mentioned during the De Jong pursuit, I only feared the influence of Pep since he's the closest to Cruyff in terms of influence & obviously the pull of the club's history & Messi had some impact

When it comes to club transfers, I only concern myself with City under Pep - contrary to what many here choose to believe, a player whose ambition is payday over club & project will not be a priority for Barcelona. It's also why Barcelona does not typically enter into bidding wars for targets, they need to have a preference to play for Barcelona - else it is a race with no finish line.

Messi is the highest player in the world precisely because he is priceless

I can't understand how Frenkie De Jong & Rodri has the same market value ( release clause, asking price ...or call it whatever you want ) .

The first is exceptional talent, and the second is strong, tall & good player.

Maybe he is worth 70m, but I really can't see it yet.

One is negotiated fee and one is release clause. We are not in position to negotiate for DM anymore and club can have whatever the release clause they want and agree with player when signing contract with him.

Last edited:
You honestly believe griezmann is going to take a paid cut? It's his last big payday!? Players go to Barca for the money like every other club don't kid yourself. You think messi would be hanging around if you were paying him 20k a week.

If he wants to play for Barcelona, there's no question he will have to accept a paycut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.