FA Cup Final v Watford - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awake already but got 4 hours before I get the train to Wembley. City 5 Watford 1.

Really looking forward to today. Think it will be a tough game. Got a feeling they will score first but we will win 3-1. If it's Kompany's last game, how fitting for him to lift the FA Cup. Come on City, bring it home.

Really looking forward to today.-------yes
Think it will be a tough game.--------no
Got a feeling they will score first-------maybe, i feel an obligatory penalty for them and at least one red card for us.
but we will win 3-1.----------at least.
If it's Kompany's last game,-----------------no
how fitting for him to lift the FA Cup.------------yes
Come on City, bring it home.---------------most definitely.
we got this

I hope that after the highs and lows of this week we go out there and do a job on Watford,possibly the last time some of the players pull on a city shirt we need to show the world how good we are .

Been enjoying a few days in London before the game and seen a few City shirts here and there. Bed at 11pm, but awake at 4:30am. Made the mistake of getting up to pee, taking the earplugs out, and looking at the phone....and here I am an hour later!! Probably me done, although hotel full English is 7-30-9:30, so might be able to sneak another hour or two before then! (Yeah, right!!!)

Already starting to get excited for the game, but strangely it all seems a bit routine. I hope the players don’t feel that way?! I just can’t see Watford having enough to beat us, even though they’ve got a handful of dangerous players. As always against these teams, it’s corners, free kicks or some stupid, wide open at the back, breakaway that worries me. But then again, one hopes that we should be able to create enough chances to score more goals than dead ball chancers!

My biggest fear is that a few players are “on the beach” already after a long hard season that resulted in such a sweet finale. However, I’m hoping there is enough character, and enough leadership, in this squad to nip any and all of that in the bud.

This could be won in the first half if we play the way we can, or it could be lost in the 70th minute if we don’t get the breakthrough and it becomes a game of “pump it up to Deeney for Delafeu on the knockdown, a mazy (no tackle/no foul) Delafeu run and snapshot...or a scrappy game of flopping for free kicks.”

I’m hoping for a comfortable two goals in the first half and a clinic of second half possession, passing and two more goals in the second half. It’s a one-off game, so no pride in eking out an ugly draw, which means one goal from us opens it up. Conversely, it also feels like one from them turns into attack vs defence with 21 players camped in their last 35 yds for long periods.

Let’s get an early goal, calm the nerves and not have a shaky-PL-winning-hangover performance, please, lads!!!

4-0

Been enjoying a few days in London before the game and seen a few City shirts here and there. Bed at 11pm, but awake at 4:30am. Made the mistake of getting up to pee, taking the earplugs out, and looking at the phone....and here I am an hour later!! Probably me done, although hotel full English is 7-30-9:30, so might be able to sneak another hour or two before then! (Yeah, right!!!)

Already starting to get excited for the game, but strangely it all seems a bit routine. I hope the players don’t feel that way?! I just can’t see Watford having enough to beat us, even though they’ve got a handful of dangerous players. As always against these teams, it’s corners, free kicks or some stupid, wide open at the back, breakaway that worries me. But then again, one hopes that we should be able to create enough chances to score more goals than dead ball chancers!

My biggest fear is that a few players are “on the beach” already after a long hard season that resulted in such a sweet finale. However, I’m hoping there is enough character, and enough leadership, in this squad to nip any and all of that in the bud.

This could be won in the first half if we play the way we can, or it could be lost in the 70th minute if we don’t get the breakthrough and it becomes a game of “pump it up to Deeney for Delafeu on the knockdown, a mazy (no tackle/no foul) Delafeu run and snapshot...or a scrappy game of flopping for free kicks.”

I’m hoping for a comfortable two goals in the first half and a clinic of second half possession, passing and two more goals in the second half. It’s a one-off game, so no pride in eking out an ugly draw, which means one goal from us opens it up. Conversely, it also feels like one from them turns into attack vs defence with 21 players camped in their last 35 yds for long periods.

Let’s get an early goal, calm the nerves and not have a shaky-PL-winning-hangover performance, please, lads!!!

4-0
I’ve been awake since 4 and I haven’t got your jet lag. Up, dressed and packed now, bacon butty on but I’m not on the train until 10.15. Thinking of forgoing the tea and cracking open a tinnie.

It’s odd, we should be fairly used to going to Wembley now but fuck that I can’t wait.

looking forward to the treble today, setting out in shortly, not sure on parking, may try green man pub first, if not the ind est. 3-0 come on city!

Got here last night around 5pm, out and about but most pubs were pretty empty, not many fans of either teams, or locals for a Friday night. Woke up at 6am for a pee, hungover and tired but can't sleep.

Might pop over the road for a sausage mcmuffin and coffee after a walk to clear the head. Not decided whether to go into an overpriced boozer yet today or grab some cans or a bottle of vino from the tesco near the hotel. 5pm seems a long way away, come on you Blue's!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.