UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And hubris. These ****s masquerading as journalists are enjoying their perceived power to bring down whoever they choose. They'll find out very differently in the not too distant future.
Do you think the same direct approach is likely on individual members of uefa rather than totally aimed at the organisation?

I see Miguel Delaney is City bashing big time in the Independent today. And he seems to have been on here quite a bit too. Not posting the link as it will boil your blood. Some good responses in the open comments section though.

I see Miguel Delaney is City bashing big time in the Independent today. And he seems to have been on here quite a bit too. Not posting the link as it will boil your blood. Some good responses in the open comments section though.
He’s Irish though, so praising anything or anyone in blue is obviously genetically impossible for him!

I have a feeling that our Club are building a portfolio of individual persons and their tweets or quotes that will allow them to be sued for libel.
Uefa is struggling for survival and those individuals hiding behind its name may find they are the recipient of legal process rather than the organisation they represent.

I would hope so. If you think about the oft-used phrase "financial doping" which trips so lightly off the tongue of so many, the word "doping" is used specifically because of its connotations of dishonesty and cheating.

In fact, if you look at what we were punished for, it wasn't anything to do with cheating but everything to do with failing to live within our means (at the time). The two are different things.

I should imagine that the club would be issuing warnings that the use of words or phrases implying dishonesty would give a cause of action both for the individual concerned and the media providing the platform for the use of such words or phrases.

I'm also intrigued by suggestions that the next apparent charge is about "misleading" investigators. There are various ways of "misleading" investigators. There is the unintentional omission of something that should have been disclosed, for example because it wasn't asked for, or "intentionally misleading" investigators by, for example, lying about something you were specifically asked about. Proving "intention" is the hardest part of any allegation relating to dishonesty.

The distinction is important because it goes to proportionality of punishment. A ban from the CL would only be justified for an allegation that the club intentionally misled the investigators. That's a very hard allegation to sustain.

And then we come to materiality. Was the "misleading" of the investigators material. Given we were punished anyway, it's difficult to see how it could be, especially from the leaked "evidence".

We don't have the evidence, of course, but neither do the media making damaging allegations. I'd imagine their cards are well marked.

If your working for one of these papers work your bollocks of writing a positive article about City and get not many clicks then you write an article that takes the piss out of us and has a bingo like article and get 10 times more clicks/hits thats why the majority of articles about city mainly have a negative headline and write up it appeases the history club supporters. I only click on positive articles and block the clowns.

I don’t know why the fans from other English clubs are applauding as we get dragged through the mire.... surely all English teams will be banned when one transgresses - there’s precedent for that. I look forward to all English teams getting a 5 year ban as a result of our (or can we blame Chelsea?) financial doping!

I would hope so. If you think about the oft-used phrase "financial doping" which trips so lightly off the tongue of so many, the word "doping" is used specifically because of its connotations of dishonesty and cheating.

In fact, if you look at what we were punished for, it wasn't anything to do with cheating but everything to do with failing to live within our means (at the time). The two are different things.

I should imagine that the club would be issuing warnings that the use of words or phrases implying dishonesty would give a cause of action both for the individual concerned and the media providing the platform for the use of such words or phrases.

I'm also intrigued by suggestions that the next apparent charge is about "misleading" investigators. There are various ways of "misleading" investigators. There is the unintentional omission of something that should have been disclosed, for example because it wasn't asked for, or "intentionally misleading" investigators by, for example, lying about something you were specifically asked about. Proving "intention" is the hardest part of any allegation relating to dishonesty.

The distinction is important because it goes to proportionality of punishment. A ban from the CL would only be justified for an allegation that the club intentionally misled the investigators. That's a very hard allegation to sustain.

And then we come to materiality. Was the "misleading" of the investigators material. Given we were punished anyway, it's difficult to see how it could be, especially from the leaked "evidence".

We don't have the evidence, of course, but neither do the media making damaging allegations. I'd imagine their cards are well marked.

I’d assumed UEFA were majoring on the misleading line simply because they have nothing to hit us with that’s objective and factual - hence the shift to subjectivity and bullshit. I am no doubt that UEFA are corrupt from floor to ceiling and we will relish dismantling their pathetic house of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.