How Big is our warchest?

i wouldnt be surprised if with the incoming transfer ban likely then this summer we spent £300m ish gross. Don`t forget we have the likes of otamendi, delph, danilo, and loads of fringe players and wage savings going as well. We also made money last summer with only signing mahrez so we should have plenty in the pot!

The Liverpool Echo would implode (hopefully)

I wouldn't pay that pep comment much attention to be honest. I think he was taking the piss out of the question a little. We only don't have the money to splash on him for two reasons:

1 - we don't tend to splash over a certain amount on bringing a player to the club, and by that I mean the whole package of wages, fee and agents requirements. If anyone tries it on they go the way of Sanchez, long gone are the days od city being held to ransom and seen as a free lunch ticket.

2 - money from our total available spend has already been earmarked for other players, and is spread across what we need rather than what sounds great.

I can see us spending around 120-180m this summer, depending on who leaves. Despite the protests of the media and other fans, we are actually a very well run, extremely profitable, football club, who certainly doesn't overspend. Even the recent pep rebuild was done well within budgets, and that turned out pretty well!

I think we will be looking for close to at least £100m from sales.

If Sane goes then at least £150m in sales.

I think the days of £100m+ net spends are gone.

Daily mail mentioned - 150m + Sales revenue
I would be amazed if the Mail had a greater insight into our budget than anyone else.
Realistically it's probably a bit flexible according to what players are available in what position and it is somewhat artificial to separate the capital cost of signing a player from the wage cost of the contract, we will be looking at the total cost of a player.

Daily mail mentioned - 150m + Sales revenue

It actually said that we are hoping to recoup 150m in sales. And invest it into the squad. Also said that Pep is interested in: a goalkeeper (back-up), full-back (replacement for Danilo), defensive midfielder (rodri), and another midfielder + a forward.

But as Pep said, a lot of it depends on outgoings.

It actually said that we are hoping to recoup 150m in sales. And invest it into the squad. Also said that Pep is interested in: a goalkeeper (back-up), full-back (replacement for Danilo), defensive midfielder (rodri), and another midfielder + a forward.

But as Pep said, a lot of it depends on outgoings.
Think apart from DM every other signing will depend on who leaves, so I’d guess about £ 70-100 mill net plus sales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.