Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how we would be perceived if Richard Branson had come in and done for us what our owners have

Us winning the treble really really hurt them. They try to be the biggest secret detectives to cry about UAE and try to tarnish Citys results. Every second tweet they make is about it.

We cant score a goal anymore without one of these retardeds mentioning human rights, terrorism etc...

These journalists have completely lost perspective.

All this talk of having a bottomless pit of money and unlimited funds completely distorts the truth and has made people think it's impossible for anyone to compete with us. In reality, we can only put 11 players on the pitch and 7 on the bench like everyone else.

Despite the constant regurgitation that we have a massive squad, we really don't, it's no bigger than anyone else's.

It's not like we have the best player in the world in every position which is how it's portrayed. At the time of signing these players; Sterling was a wate of money who couldn't shoot and would be overshadowed by Jordan Ibe, De Bruyne was a Chelsea reject, Walker can't cross, Stones can't defend etc.

Quite simply, they can't handle that Guardiola has coached us into the best team in the world and have to use money to explain it away.
Great post mate. Agree with everything you say

I think we all need to calm down guys. We are literally being weaponised by Khaldoon. He called that guy who infiltrated the press box this morning and asked him to kick off personally. I for one am sick of seeing content on the city website calling for a holy jihad against the independent and the other free thinkers of the world. I don't know how we expect journalists to find things to talk about whilst we are winning the league by a point and dominating this competition that we've won twice. Let's give these guys a break. Must be tough having someone shout at you

I think some of it is probably down to that, but imo it's mostly a mixture of clickbait & selling & the fact that the media has many more fans of other clubs, rather than City.

It isn't new. Utd & Southern teams were getting this kind of favouritism when Mike Summerbee was playing but there weren't so many of them in those days & no internet. Then along came the scousers, winning in Europe.

If City keep this up, the future media turds will either be City fans or have City as their 2nd favourite team, like Tyler does with rags & Liverpool.
I think it is very much both, unfortunately.

At any rate, we can only hope we will eventually have the same representation in the media as Liverpool and United currently do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.