Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

If anybody deserves a statue it’s Vinny.

For me he is City’s greatest ever player & that goal v Leicester will live forever

Today is a new chapter is our club’s history & with such quick notice I expect a new player to be announced next week.

The parade on Monday is now for our captain.

Who is going to lift our future trophies? I can picture everyone of our 10 trophies (plus charity shields) being raised in the air by the big man. After waiting my whole life to see a city captain do that he doesn’t seem right someone else doing it. As the song goes we all love him more than he can know. This is a sad day but as a previous poster said all good things come to an end.

Another thought has come to my mind. I bet Pep told them in the dressing room yesterday to go out there and do it for Vinny and that was the main reason for that awesome performance in the final, a performance I don’t think I have even seen by anyone in a final before. A similar use of team spirit he utilised in the documentary when Silva’s baby was having problems.

We have been blessed to have him lead our blue family, he spent his time celebrating with the fans yesterday and our contribution to the club has never been lost on him. He is one day destined for greater things beyond football. Our legend in sky blue.

What a surprise to wake up to.
Felt he could do the job for another season or 2 and share the workload but thats how ut ends, a bit surprisingly for sure.

However, as a player he couldn't have chosen for a better time to leave city, just won the unprecedented and boom he is of.

Lastly thanks Vinny for all the memories and for the leadership you displayed on and of the pitch. Well Done !!!

What a sad day, I'm crying.

Thank you for everything Vinnie - What a role model, ambassador for the club, player, leader and human you have been. You do the right thing to finish on a high and I dearly hope that you will come back and be involved with the club in one way or another, we need you. Just like 2012, there wouldn't have been a PL title this year without you, it's been a pleasure to watch you these last important games of the season. Thank you Vinnie!

Who is going to lift our future trophies? I can picture everyone of our 10 trophies (plus charity shields) being raised in the air by the big man. After waiting my whole life to see a city captain do that he doesn’t seem right someone else doing it. As the song goes we all love him more than he can know. This is a sad day but as a previous poster said all good things come to an end.

Another thought has come to my mind. I bet Pep told them in the dressing room yesterday to go out there and do it for Vinny and that was the main reason for that awesome performance in the final, a performance I don’t think I have even seen by anyone in a final before. A similar use of team spirit he utilised in the documentary when Silva’s baby was having problems.

Tevez did the first post 2008.

Nice odds ;-)
Seriously, though what a player.
I was at the Leicester match with my City supporting missus & when he hit that ball I was screaming my head off with everybody else.
Fantastic player.
Fantastic bloke.
A true legend of your club.
I keep saying to my missus, "what a time to be a blue"
Good luck Vinnie in whatever you do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.