Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

I think we knew but it still hurts.

A statue?... try a stand.

Spot on Bill. It would be good for Vinny to walkout for his testimonial game and see a stand named in his honour.

I was lucky enough to meet Vinny for a player of the month presentation at the Academy. We had just won the League Cup against the Dippers. He’s a great guy like everyone says.

Gutted. He's Mr Man City. Would always want him in our corner, in the dressing room, he's an unbelievable champion.

Doesn't say he is retiring. But I just can't see him at another club. I think my heart would break to see him in a different team's kit.

Thank you Vinny. You are the embodiment of what our team has become, and the heart, skill and grit we've had to show to get there.

And now I'll go and cry in a corner all day.

Don't really know what to say. Was beginning to feel like he could last forever but of course, that isn't how it goes. So many memories to be grateful for, i'll always remember that headed goal v United in 2012 from my viewpoint in 117. Unfortunately I wasn't there for the Leicester goal but it was so typical of him.

Can’t quite believe we won’t see him pull the shirt on again

Taken the gloss off the last 24 hours. Although I do understand him wanting to go out on a high

As for replacement, well there is no one who will even come close.

Only real leader for me at the club as well ...no coincidence that our end of season form has coincided with his return

Best of luck Vinny and thanks for everything . You will never, ever be forgotten

What a massive privilege it's been to be a blue during Vinnies time at City.
They weren't the final matches of the season but the two goals that turned round our title wins in his first and his last title winning seasons were two of the most joyful goals seen at City.
Many thanks to a captain who has come through such tough times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.