Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

Unfortunately, I think Merlin will also be leaving at the end of next season and Kun the year after. It's hard to see a City team without these three legends in it.
It is,but we are in good hands.Pep and Txiki will see to it that the transition,while sad,will also be progressive - Laporte,Jesus and Bernardo are examples of this.

I expect we will see at least 4 players arrive this summer.

Felt really saddened reading the first part of his open letter. Such a genuine man, I have nothing but respect for him. His timing is spot on too and, deep down, we all know that.
I do hope there is something for fans of the future to look at outside the ground and to be told by the old gits, that was the perfect captain and a true legend of our great club

Who's got it in them to be the next captain, a VK 2.0?

Stones/Laporte/Bernardo

I can't see beyond them, or maybe we will be buying the update in a few weeks time.

Nothing is forever I know but I have shed a little tear this morning on the news. Mr Manchester City - man mountain - THE Captain... I wish Vinnie all the success in the world in his future ventures and I am sure he will always be welcome back at the club.

Maybe he’ll get more heavily involved with his charity work whilst also becoming the best tv pundit on sky .. the city biased pundit we’ve been waiting for

All the while being groomed to succeed Pep in 2 or 3 years... with Zabba as his assistant

Despite all the signs, I thought he absolutely nailed on to do one more year. Completely gutted.

This should not be a sad occasion. It should be a day of celebration. Over the past few years there were a number of times he looked like he would never play again so to come back as strong as he has this season and especially this past month shows what a true warrior he is. He could stay and have another crack at the CL but probably as a bit part player and if he was to be injured and end on a whimper it would be so sad. After the goal against Leicester and winning the treble for him this is absolutely the best time to go.

But fucking boy are we gonna miss him.

My captain :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.