Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

I just hope that whatever career trajectory he follows leads all the way back to us further down the road. I cannot think of a more statesman-like player at any club right now. Whoever he plays for after this will be exceptionally fortunate to have acquired him.

Like many, I thought he would stay another year, but also understand him wanting to go out on top. And after all this season, including that goal to top it, it really is going out on top ... Good luck Kaptain. Hope to see you back one day.

He leaves us with the goal of the season that effectively won us the league. Thanks for the memories and for an old git like me, he's up there with Bell, Lee and Summerbee.
Legend.

I feel a bit stupid. Got quite emotional reading the letter out to my wife and my 6 year old daughter (who is in tears) it's not like he's died. I suppose it all just hit me how important he is to me..been there in the good times and the bad.

Legend in the truest sense of the word.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.........Pep should train him up as our next manager for when Pep moves on. And with Zaba as his assistant. BRING IT ON!!

Gutted.
Then again, if you're going to bow out, bow out on top. What an incredible 11 years.

I think we all knew after his interview following the Leicester game. Can’t help thinking it’s bad news as he sets a fantastic example to everyone else at the club. Not in the news for anything other than football and good deeds, very humble and incredibly dedicated and hard working. Legend is hugely overused in this sport but, in his case, entirely justified. Good luck with everything you choose to do in the future big man. You’ll be well missed.

He said earlier he wanted to play more, I guess Pep didnt guarantee him enough playing time, obviously we have to get the Stones-Laporte partnership back as that is the future. But even with that and with his injury record he would have been useful in rotation. Hard to guarantee playing time to someone with Vinnies injury record. Will be surprised as fuck he goes elsewhere he can play 5-10 games in a row.

Huge LEGEND tho the goal against Leicester was magic, his last goal for the club, will be missed big time, incredible person, player...

Hope there is a way for him to come back in a couple years in some position. Dont think he is gonna do coaching but he has great skills.

Who's got it in them to be the next captain, a VK 2.0?

Stones/Laporte/Bernardo

I can't see beyond them, or maybe we will be buying the update in a few weeks time.
I’d say Kev should be captain after David goes. Speaks all the languages of the dressing room and when he is on the pitch barks orders around as if he is the captain. Plus he’s the best player which always helps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.