Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

I'm gutted, to say the least, but totally respect our captain's decision. He's irreplaceable, one of those footballers bigger than just the place they fill in the team or squad. His leadership never doubted, ever.

Good luck Vinnie, to you and your family. We'll be with you all the way.

Gutted, but kind of feels right for him.

Seems like a natural conclusion to his career here. Lifting the carabao, league and fa cups within three months of each other. A player renowned for inspiring and commanding defensive leadership wins us the league by smashing in top bins from 30 yards.

Go out at the top and always leave them wanting more.

This is the right time for him to go. Toure stayed one year too long and so to did Zabba.

We might be having the same debate in a year’s time about David.

David was good again yesterday. Another 20 games for us next season. Perfect time to go.

Yes. Better a year too early than a year too late.
Would have hated to see him struggling to justify his place when his body couldn't handle it.
He leaves us at the top.

Leader. Legend. Hero.
There was a moment this season when i thought that would be it. He'd gone down after 5 minutes after coming back from injury and i thought then that he should call it a day.
He went on to prove me wrong and has ended the season superbly. It will not get better than this for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.