2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

De Ligt and another high level CB tbh. We can just assume one of the 4 will be injured for a stretch so De Ligt alone isn't enough. Ota was our best CB the season before this one and Vinny is Vinny. Even if De Ligt is Maldini and Nesta reincarnated into one we need to buy two
So you don't want Garcia in first team?? Might as well sell Garcia today if we are buying two CBs

If we've decided to let Otamendi and Kompany go (I get the sense it was Kompany's decision but we didn't go the extra mile to make him stay either) then we must be in for a seriously good CB. You easily need three top class players in that position and with number of games and injuries factored in I think they can all be kept happy. Would love it if it's De Ligt, but if not, it'll still be a top player.

Last edited:
Harry Maguire....... please no

Wan-Bissaka would be good replacement for Danilo. Walker would get competition

So you don't want Garcia in first team?? Might as well sell Garcia today if we are buying two CBs

It is not so much about not fancying him in the first team, more so to do with we need replacements for Vinny fucking Kompany and Otamendi who this time last year was the best defender in the league.

We're only know getting the stage about utilising Foden very regularly and that's while there's buzz about one maybe two other midfielders being bought. I think it'd be very naive to assume Garcia can fill the void of Otamendi and Kompany even if De Ligt comes in too. Stones looks injury prone and sometimes out of sorts and Laporte has been blessed by not being injured often but things happen. Once again we were at a stage where we'd to play non CBs at CB this season.

I just feel a De Ligt signing is necessary to fill the void of losing two world class CBs plus a another world class but not as expensive signing (someone like Alderweireld if he wasn't made of glass) to cater the shortage of bodies back there. Garcia will have his moment and will be nursed in there, just like it has been done with Foden and Zinny.

Where does Sandler fit in, always seems to travel with the squad, think he is above Garcia in the pecking order.

Garcia should step up and Fernandinho could even step in if required.
To be honest don't need much.

But we need Rodri. This allows Dinho to wind down a bit.

If Ota leaves too then a new CB.

Questions remain re Silva and Gundongan. The former is less influential and might like to join Iniesta in Japan. The latter might not want to be on the bench again.

Further forward we're fine. The only question is what Leroy wants to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.