Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

Perfect timing.

Win the lot, break all records, score that goal, hoist all trophies, have the parade and then walk off into the sunset a living legend, who will return one day.

Thank you Vinnie. Selfless til the end.

And lads, you can guarantee this hasn't happened without the club having his replacement lined up.

JFE likes this post ;)

Do we think he’ll go to NYCFC for a couple of years to help them defend and learn the ropes alongside Torrent before coming back to to the Blues?
After all his Mrs is from Manchester and we all know our wives pull the strings regards where we live.
There must be a master plan.

Thanks Vinnie your a legend.

CTID
Think he is a proud man and will still feel he has a couple of years left at the top. I think he'll move to another big European team but I'll be gutted if he does.

It must take a lot to walk away from this.

He knows he could stay here and in all likelihood pick up another half a dozen trophies in the next 2 seasons, potentially a CL, probably become one of the most decorated captains in the history of club football.

Not read all 30 pages but Khaldoon's comment -“the lifeblood, the soul, and beating heart of a supremely talented squad” is surely banner material. He will probably go down in the annals of history and be as fondly remembered as Trautman, Bell, Lee, Summerbee (other legends are available). Thank you for the last 11 years - it’s been some journey

Be interesting to see the 2nd part. He has 2
More seasons at the top level for me if he can stay fit. He has just turned 33.

Wouldnt be surprised if he ends up at New York City although his family is very settled in the Manchester area , but no doubt he will be back at our club at some level in the future , and he would also make a great pundit , imagine Kompany and Carragher side by side in a TV studio ,who are you going to take more notice off ?

I’m literally gutted.
No other words. I hoped he would stay with us and guide younger players through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.