Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

It must take a lot to walk away from this.

He knows he could stay here and in all likelihood pick up another half a dozen trophies in the next 2 seasons.
Let's not get carried away here. Vinny has got through a few games injury free at the end of the season to go out on a high. We all know he's only one sneeze away from being injured for months. He could indeed stay and pick up another half dozen trophies but Vinny and the club have obviously come to an amicable decision calling time on his career here. In the cold light of day without blue tinted specs on, the correct decision has been made.

Wouldnt be surprised if he ends up at New York City although his family is very settled in the Manchester area , but no doubt he will be back at our club at some level in the future , and he would also make a great pundit , imagine Kompany and Carragher side by side in a TV studio ,who are you going to take more notice off ?
I think he’ll go back to Anderlecht

He is irreplaceable as a player, captain and man. Gutting news, but probably the right time for him. He'll be back. Thank you Vinnie.

What a way to go. The way he came back to lead the team to glory, including providing a match winning goal of the season, has been a joy to behold and another demonstration of the measure of the man who has arguably been the finest representative of this club.

I remember his debut, in midfield, when me made him MotM and recall Didi Hamann telling Our Kid after the game that he thought Vinnie was a bit raw and had a lot to learn; well, learn he did. Watching Vinnie grow over these past ten years has been a pleasure.

Hopefully he will return to City in some capacity one day but wish him well whatever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.