Full Backs?

I genuinely don't think Pep will give a shit. Alves' new wife said she had to stay in Paris, he went to Paris.

- He still thinks Alves is the best RB in history.
- Still playing at a high level.
-It would fill a hole in the squad cheaply.
-Alves could teach Alpha, Mendy, Zinchenko, Frimpong and even Walker, a hell of a lot about the position.

There's no point letting hurt feelings from 2 years ago get in the way of a transfer which could have a very positive impact on the team.

Good player but has looked tired when I’ve seen him this season. Once Maiconed, twice shy.:-)

I genuinely don't think Pep will give a shit. Alves' new wife said she had to stay in Paris, he went to Paris.

- He still thinks Alves is the best RB in history.
- Still playing at a high level.
-It would fill a hole in the squad cheaply.
-Alves could teach Alpha, Mendy, Zinchenko, Frimpong and even Walker, a hell of a lot about the position.

There's no point letting hurt feelings from 2 years ago get in the way of a transfer which could have a very positive impact on the team.
Even though I don't want him, I agree Pep doesn't give a shit about "turned us down" malarkey. He's not a needy Ex with attention issues :p

Even though I don't want him, I agree Pep doesn't give a shit about "turned us down" malarkey. He's not a needy Ex with attention issues :p
I may be wrong but I think there is quite a difference between turning someone down and agreeing an offer and then reneging on it in the manner in which he did.

Would not be surprised if we signed Dani Alves at RB by the way.

Pep thinks he's the best RB of all time, he's 36 but could teach a lot to any of the fullbacks at the club. No one before or since has nailed down what a Guardiola fullback is like Alves.

The role Danilo is leaving is tiny - 4 or 5 league starts - and if Frimpong and Alpha are genuine talents then 1 year learning from Alves while they develop a bit would be invaluable.

Turned us down 2 years ago, but then again, Laporte turned us down as well. It would be a cheap way to fill RB in a summer when we have much bigger priorities.

Like already mentioned, it would be like signing Maicon all over again.

Fair enough.

With a potential upcoming transfer ban, I highly doubt we’d replaced Danilo with a 36 year old.

Weve got to replace Kompany, Otamendi, probably Sane, get a replacement for Fernandinho and if a transfer ban is coming, a replacement for Silva as well and maybe a left back.

Do you really think the second choice RB who will play 10 games a season, mostly in the cups, is worth spending 30, 40m on when there is all that to consider?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.