2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

Maguire really wouldn’t suit our system. It would be like Demichelis all over again. It’s either De Ligt or bust, and I really can’t see us getting him anymore. Letting both Vinny and Nico leave at the same time would be a mistake. Need to try and keep Nico now as he knows the system. Bedding in two centre backs would cost us at times and as proven this season there isn’t a lot of margin for error.

See your point but Laporte fitted in immediately - so maybe it’s about getting the right player.

With Kompany (and likely a few others such as Otamendi and Delph and possibly Danilo) now going, our squad next year will probably end up looking like (homegrown and under-21s in bold):

GK: Ederson, Steffen

RB: Walker, Danilo
CB: Stones, Laporte, Fernandinho, [new CB - Maguire?]
LB: Zinchenko, Mendy (Laporte if needed)

DM: Gundogan, [new DM - Rodri?]
CM: De Bruyne, D. Silva, Foden, [new CM - Bruno?] (Bernardo if needed)
RW: Bernardo, Mahrez
LW: Sterling, Sané

ST: Aguero, Jesus (Sterling if needed)

With Kompany (and likely a few others such as Otamendi and Delph and possibly Danilo) now going, our squad next year will probably end up looking like (homegrown and under-21s in bold):
My guess:

GK: Ederson, Steffen
RB: Walker, NEW RB (Wan-Bissaka?)
RCB: Stones, Otamendi
LCB: Laporte, NEW CB (Maguire?)
LB: Zinchenko, Mendy
CDM: NEW CDM (Rodri?), Fernandinho
RCM: De Bruyne, Gundogan
LCM: Silva, Foden
RW: Bernardo, Mahrez
LW: Sterling, NEW LW
ST: Aguero, Jesus

In: RB, CB, CDM, LW
Out: Kompany, Danilo, Sané (+ Delph, Mangala, etc.)

daily mail did mention that Otamendi may stay now

This will happen I reckon.

Replacing Vinny is going to cost us close to 100m yet he is leaving on a free.

Otamendi leaving as well means we will likely need to spend well in excess of 100m on central defenders this summer.

Not happening.

Maguire really wouldn’t suit our system. It would be like Demichelis all over again. It’s either De Ligt or bust, and I really can’t see us getting him anymore. Letting both Vinny and Nico leave at the same time would be a mistake. Need to try and keep Nico now as he knows the system. Bedding in two centre backs would cost us at times and as proven this season there isn’t a lot of margin for error.
Everything you have said is correct. De Ligt or no one, certainly not Maguire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.