Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

How did Anderlecht do this season? According to the useless bbc website they came 6th, having played 9, won 1 and got 32 points FFS

I just looked on Google. That points total it something to do with the ‘regular season’ and ‘championship round’ - I have no idea how it works

Good luck to him. I’ve been at home most the weekend because Mrs Hef is in New York and seen as though I didn’t get chance for a good European trip I might go over and see them next season

Gutted. What a man, wish him nothing but the best for the future and hopefully we will see him back at the club one day.

Thank you Vincent Kompany.

Thank you for being fearless and standing strong for us, whenever we needed it the most.

Thank you for being ruthless and ambitious, whilst still kind and compassionate.

Thank you for leading a bunch of men from every part of the globe, helping to turn us into the force we are today by having them follow your professional lead.

Thank you for always conducting yourself with absolute class and dignity, on and off the pitch.

Thank you for being a beacon of ownership and responsibility, and making us proud to call you our captain.

Thank you for those two goals that were never expected of you, yet played such a crucial part in two of our title wins.

Thank you for always respecting the club and showing us that you cared.

You are a leader the likes of which one rarely comes across in sports. We were just lucky enough to be on the same journey and cross paths with you.

You have helped to give us the kind of joy that we once thought would never be possible, and which will carry on in our collective memories until our time is up.

Thank you.

For me, his boots never touched the ground.

Here’s to you, Vincent Kompany.

Vincent+Kompany+Manchester+City+v+Manchester+mQqRvl7YAJVl.jpg

http-content.reuters.com-auth-server-content-tag-reuters.com0000-newsml_gm1ea5b1skl01-324852411-tag-reuters.com0000-binary_gm1ea5b1skl01-baseimage-tokengknjoz3t5tmzythsjy-undvckzyduncwyfbfqhdraq.jpg

river

0_GettyImages-1147395949.jpg

Brilliant.

Oh, and here's another one...

1.jpe

Was looking for highlights of his debut and found this. Funny.

Remember when he signed and we thought our midfield was sorted between him, Johnson and Ireland? Ooops.

Haha I love things like this. Shows just how far we have come in a relatively short amount of time. Have to admit though, not many there I had anything but absolute love for. It's amazing what sky blue can do for an otherwise unremarkable man. I have 7 jerseys with name/numbers of players from that starting XI. And no shame!!

The term legend is bandied about too frequently these days, but Vinnie is a genuine City legend, up there with the greats.

A fantastic player, but its his leadership qualities we'll miss the most. Not sure who replaces that. Gutted to see him go, but he leaves with the best wishes of everyone of a blue persuasion.

Give his comments about how Pep has reignited his love of the game, I would be amazed if we do not agree some kind of partnership between us and Anderlecht, where Vinny gets the chance to take some of our top young players on loan to inspire them in the way Pep has inspired him.

A fitting end yesterday to his City playing career. Think this may have been on the cards a while given his emotion after Leicester game, and scoring THAT goal was fitting in his last match at the Etihad. Hopefully City and Anderlecht can benefit each other with young talent and Vinny will be a huge success in management. At his peak he was an absolute collosus and even with reduced playing time in recent seasons I'm sure he was a great influence and role model behind the scenes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.