Greatest ever captain ?

Can certainly see who the 'kids' are on this forum.

Book, Kompany and Roy Paul would be my top three. I didn't see Book or Paul play but my Grandparents told me lots of stories.

Always loved Paul Power!

Can certainly see who the 'kids' are on this forum.

Book, Kompany and Roy Paul would be my top three. I didn't see Book or Paul play but my Grandparents told me lots of stories.

Always loved Paul Power!

It's nothing to do with age. My dad is 73 and saw both of those players play for City, he still agrees Kompany is our greatest captain. We can still revere those players and their achievements but Kompany has exceeded both of them in terms of years served (as a player), honours won and appearances made by quite some distance.

Not just greatest City captain but greatest player for me, and greatest centre-back I've seen. I love Aguero, Yaya and David Silva but I wouldn't swap peak Kompany for any other player in his position in the world. Some of his performances against Messi, Ronaldo, Costa, Salah, Rooney and so many other top players made them look like schoolboys at times.

It's nothing to do with age. My dad is 73 and saw both of those players play for City, he still agrees Kompany is our greatest captain. We can still revere those players and their achievements but Kompany has exceeded both of them in terms of years served (as a player), honours won and appearances made by quite some distance.
Kompany has had better players around him to be fair.

I guess we're both right.

Not just greatest City captain but greatest player for me, and greatest centre-back I've seen. I love Aguero, Yaya and David Silva but I wouldn't swap peak Kompany for any other player in his position in the world. Some of his performances against Messi, Ronaldo, Costa, Salah, Rooney and so many other top players made them look like schoolboys at times.
That tackle against Messi where he trapped the ball whilst Messi was in full flow might be the finest tackle I've ever seen:

SardonicImperfectKoodoo.gif

Also, since we can all look back and laugh, one of the finest OGs ever to grace the Prem lol:

kompany-og.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.