Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

It's something he wants to do Karen. We have to respect his wishes. He'll be back.
Exactly,his choice,and i don't blame him.....a wonderful opportunity to wind down,yet still be competitive,and pass on his experience.He will also be learning the new stage of his career in preparation for what we all hope will see him return here in a management role.

I don't think even he could have predicted the almost fairy tale ending to this chapter of his life - it's fantastic and fully deserved.

How has this been allowed to happen,if it is about playing time then play him,we were better with him,i bet he never saw himself retiring anywhere else,neither did we,a really sad day all round and didn't need to happen

It's about him being very very smart.

He's done his bit for City, for now. He doesn't want to stop playing.

He has the choice of being the often injured captain who City are looking to replace, gradually getting slower & worse or playing for & managing his boyhood club, maybe getting the job here longer term if he proves a success.

It's an absolurely fantastic move by him.

If he fucks up as a manager, he'll still get the offer of working for City in some capacity. He knows that.

We could in future have him & Zabba both working here.

I never noticed before until seeing Kompany's goal against Leicester,

Harry Maguire watches the shot fly over his shoulder and doesn't even turn around, it's only when the crowd roars that he realises the shot was on target :)

We all knew the day would arrive when the triumvirate would start to be broken up.

I respect Yaya Toures contributions, but he tarnished it towards the end.

Kompany, David Silva and Sergio Aguero are pretty unique in this era of football. All 3 remained loyal to the club, and remained outside mainstream news, whilst giving 100% in every game.

There won't be many dry eyes tomorrow evening

Good luck to you Captain Kompany - come back soon

Quite emotional hearing this news, here's to you captain fantastic, thanks for an amazing 11 years and some damned important goals to boot. Irreplaceable if you ask me, Captain, leader, legend, thank you so much Vinny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.