Matthijs de Ligt

I’d be delighted with either Maguire or Koulibaly. I think they both suit this league better. We already have Laporte and Stones. We’ve also got Eric Garcia coming through, who has looked exceptional every time I’ve seen him play. Maguire would also increase our homegrown tally.

And Taylor Harwood-Bellis

Who is potentially even better.
I wish Pep could have made some comments about the performances in the Youth Cup final vs the dippers. Really want to know what he thinks about THB. The only thing I`ve seen that Pep said after that game was that the extra 30 mins were stupid for someone that young. THB is IMO the biggest talent in the academy currently

And Taylor Harwood-Bellis

Who is potentially even better.

Only seen him play once that I can recall (in the FA Youth Cup final). He was arguably the best player on the pitch.

We’ve got kids coming through that are extremely comfortable on the ball. What we don’t appear to have (though please correct me if I’m wrong) is an authoritative figure in the mould of Kompany and Otamendi (to some extent).

I think Maguire would be an excellent fit. He also seems to have the right attitude, which shouldn’t be overlooked, and I anticipate that he’d settle right in without needing much time to adapt.

I wish Pep could have made some comments about the performances in the Youth Cup final vs the dippers. Really want to know what he thinks about THB. The only thing I`ve seen that Pep said after that game was that the extra 30 mins were stupid for someone that young. THB is IMO the biggest talent in the academy currently

I see huge similarities with the subject of this thread,hence my excitement and my lack of concern if De Ligt goes elsewhere.

I see huge similarities with the subject of this thread,hence my excitement and my lack of concern if De Ligt goes elsewhere.
The only question would be if Pep would risk not signing a CB, and let Dinho and Garcia/THB/Sandler replace Kompany and Ota. I hope he does

Now would be the time to stick two fingers up to uefa and every other dick out there and get him! We made money last transfer windows and have at least 6-8 players who will be sold for fees this summer.

This is also why i believe there are legs in the stories about Sane leaving, if we are looking at the thick end of £100 million for him it would go a long way to funding some of these key deals

I’d be delighted with either Maguire or Koulibaly. I think they both suit this league better. We already have Laporte and Stones. We’ve also got Eric Garcia coming through, who has looked exceptional every time I’ve seen him play. Maguire would also increase our homegrown tally.

Koulibaly is so under rated by everyone except Napoli. He’s one of the best defenders in the world and is great on the ball. Only problem is he would cost £100m+.

The only question would be if Pep would risk not signing a CB, and let Dinho and Garcia/THB/Sandler replace Kompany and Ota. I hope he does
He wouldn't risk it, a couple of injuries and going into a series of big games with Dinho and Garcia/THB/Sandler as our only centre backs isn't happening. We'll sign a least one established CB.

With Kompany leaving the media will inevitably put1 and 1 together to create a story about us wanting de ligt but ill only believe anything that comes from official city sources.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.