European City Breaks

Another vote for Warsaw. New town looks like a bad Croydon but is a cracking city.

Been to most of the cities mentioned on here. Riga is OK if a bit small but seeing as you're going on your 21st you'll just need a few titty bars and clubs which it has in abundance. Can't go wrong with Germany to be honest, love that country and had weekends all over, Bremen being my latest favourite, Becks brewery tour a must.

If you want cheap though, I recommend Sofia, Bulgaria. It's got the lot like any capital city and its about £1 a pint. If you smoke about £2 a pack. Loads to see if you want the culture (doubt you will) but plenty of sleaze to sniff out too.
My youngest daughter bought a house out in Bulgaria some 6 years ago now and we`ve stayed over in Veliko Tarnovo,which is approx a 3 hour journey from Sofia.She live about 10 miles away in a village.
A wonderful place.On the first Sunday we were there,our daughter and her hubby took us out to one of their local pubs.
I got the ale in and for 3 pints and one orange juice I was robbed blind.4 bastard levs which equated to £2.00.
You can honestly get pissed up on a fiver.
Love the place,Bulgaria.

Is it pricey? I’m a tight arse.
We went in March which is off season but we had 28c and wall to wall sun every day. Food and drink was very reasonable. Some of the places around the cathedral are tourist rip offs but that’s more to do with quality rather than price. Live like a local, eat in tapas bars, drink sherry and wine and you can’t go wrong.

I’ve spent plenty of my life up there, one of my jobs was running a 12 strong gang of Glaswegian scaffolders and used to have £12m deal with power jacks in Pestwo kids, was always entertaining :-)
Auto correct doesn’t like Prestwick for some reason
You’re practically one of us then. :)

Yes, it’s brilliant. City were there too but I want to do it again.

Just back from Brugge last weekend which is a fabulous place, recommended.

I would highly recommend Munich too. Beautiful place and the people are great. Always well to remember they don’t sell whale piss beer, so if you tend to fall over with 9 English pints, you’ll be on your arse with five there.

After living out there. Gotta recommended Munich it's amazing, Oktoberfest is an experience but everywhere gets proper expensive. Nuremburg is a top little city, cheap flights from Manchester and easy enough for Munich. Bit late for this but Fruhlingsfest in May is a mini Oktoberfest, as fun but not as mentally busy.

Nuremberg
Verona
Seville
Bratislava
Porto

Alongside the usual suspects like Prague, Budapest, Berlin, Rome, Vienna, Barcelona, Lisbon, Dublin, Munich, Istanbul.

Really fancy Tallinn, Riga, Carcassonne, Ljubljana, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Sofia, Athens amongst others.

Love Europe, very fortunate to have such a diverse continent right on our doorstep.

Any recommendations for Budapest? Have five nights there in June with no major plans aside from Hungary v Wales in the Euro qualifiers.

Nuremberg
Verona
Seville
Bratislava
Porto

Alongside the usual suspects like Prague, Budapest, Berlin, Rome, Vienna, Barcelona, Lisbon, Dublin, Munich, Istanbul.

Really fancy Tallinn, Riga, Carcassonne, Ljubljana, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Sofia, Athens amongst others.

Love Europe, very fortunate to have such a diverse continent right on our doorstep.
Carcassonne is ok but not great. It is also slap bang in the middle of the most boring area of France. Wouldn't recommend. Avignon far nicer.

Nuremberg
Verona
Seville
Bratislava
Porto

Went for a wedding about 15 years ago. Loved it. It's small, but very pretty.

Would recommend flying to Trieste, spending a night or 2 there and then hiring a car to drive across the border and down to Ljubljana.

Tallinn in Estonia is a hidden gem great for a long weekend wouldn't go for longer though.

Stockholm is beautiful but expensive as fk.

Krakow in Poland is great Warsaw is shite both are far from dodgy though

Is Stockholm really expensive? A friend told me Oslo was bad so we flipped to Stockholm but haven’t done much research. Nothing prob as expensive as Iceland. I swear a pizza and pasta cost me £70 haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.