Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs didn’t “fluke” their way to the final. We got there on heart and spirit against admittedly technically superior teams. We have a thin squad that has been beset by injuries but they have coped with every setback thrown at them thus far. So I wouldn’t say that Liverpool are a shoo in yet. Of course Liverpool are rightfully favourites but, in the game at Anfield two months ago, Spurs ran them ragged in the second half and really should have won but for some wayward finishing and a last minute howler from Lloris.

I don’t dare risk a prediction - especially given how crazy the Champions League has been this season - but we have a fighting chance.

Fingers crossed you pulverise them.

Spurs didn’t “fluke” their way to the final. We got there on heart and spirit against admittedly technically superior teams. We have a thin squad that has been beset by injuries but they have coped with every setback thrown at them thus far. So I wouldn’t say that Liverpool are a shoo in yet. Of course Liverpool are rightfully favourites but, in the game at Anfield two months ago, Spurs ran them ragged in the second half and really should have won but for some wayward finishing and a last minute howler from Lloris.

I don’t dare risk a prediction - especially given how crazy the Champions League has been this season - but we have a fighting chance.
The whole country, bar Liverpool and Arse fans, are behind you.

It's a 50/50 for me. You both have it in you to win. Should be a good game. Be aware though that if you're watching on telly, all microphones near your fans will be switched off during the Walk On rendition.....

Can't agree with you about the VAR decisions in the QF. But I don't want to get into that discussion here and now.

As you say, this is a time for all of you to deservedly celebrate a magnificent, unprecedented achievement.

As a regular visitor here, I'm quite enjoying this rare Spurs love-in. I know that it won't last beyond the next couple of weeks - especially if we lose in Madrid! So how about it, Wotspur? Get into the spirit of it! This is the place to vent about Liverpool, not City.

Jim.

You know me from SSC. ;-)

I’ll be supporting Spurs in the final.

Not only because of the usual suspects on SSC, but because Spurs went toe to toe with City over 2 legs and came out winners in the end. That in itself is worthy of supporting Spurs in the final.

You going? If so, enjoy your trip to Madrid.

Liverpool, goons and Chelsea. My Chelsea stepfamily won't know who to support.
That is my point JimB we are in a celebratory mood and we don’t need Spuds fans coming on here telling us how lucky we were to get to the final in the first place. We’ll have to agree to disagree on the quarter final - my criticism is more about how the decisions were made on the field.

I have already got Chas and Dave on my playlist.
For some reason I've been listening to Rabbit a lot recently. It's an earworm.

Tori Amos did a nice cover of That's What I Like Mick. Hearing her singing about Glen Hoddle is pretty bizarre.

You got there on a handball in fairness.

Fingers crossed you pulverise them.

Indeed. But I'd settle for a wholly undeserved 1-0 win by way of a controversial, fluky last minute winner off Kane's backside - just so that he can "claim it".

The whole country, bar Liverpool and Arse fans, are behind you.

It's a 50/50 for me. You both have it in you to win. Should be a good game. Be aware though that if you're watching on telly, all microphones near your fans will be switched off during the Walk On rendition.....

I suspect that most Chelsea and West Ham will also be Scousers for the day.

Jim.

You know me from SSC. ;-)

I’ll be supporting Spurs in the final.

Not only because of the usual suspects on SSC, but because Spurs went toe to toe with City over 2 legs and came out winners in the end. That in itself is worthy of supporting Spurs in the final.

You going? If so, enjoy your trip to Madrid.

Cheers, mate. Yes, going to Madrid. No change from £2,500 for flights, hotel and ticket. If we win, it'll be worth every penny.

Ooh, there's a lot of bitterness on RAWK, suggesting that clubs have had enough of the official bodies not dealing with it so they have briefed, 'Their journalist pals to expose everything we are up to.'

This will almost certainly gather momentum. Der Spiegel will not have published their accusations unless they were cast iron. That would have been stupid. Also the other 'big' clubs of Europe including ourselves are not going to 'cow tow' to the corrupt might of City indefinitely now that they know for sure that the rules to which they have all 'broadly' adhered have been completely disrespected and flouted by Abu Dhabi and City. Besides, City and Abu Dhabi do not 'own' any of the footballing associations within whose compass City wish to operate so all the obscene and limitless wealth does not give City and Abu Dhabi the last word. No matter how pathetic the same footballing associations have proven to be to date, once the tide has gone out beyond a certain point and left corruption exposed that is completely unacceptable to even knobheads such as these footballing associations there could well be some Draconian action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.