All inclusive:

Normally do an all-inc in Jan/Feb.

Bit of winter sun, hotels half empty and very few young dickheads getting smashed, time it to miss school holidays & for what it is it's great.

I am back so more in a position of authority to elaborate on our All Inc debacle. Regardless of my own personal experience holidays remain subjective to the individuals participating in this faux supposed grandeur of false ostentatious to quote a recent forum campers erroneous knee jerky outburst. Speaking of "faux" the All Inclusives come in different class levels and prices so it's really really difficult to be generalistic because for the sum we paid @£320 we should only have received a foxhole in Mons for the long weekend with transfers by mega bus but I was quite surprised at what bargains can actually lie in wait at Deal HQ for the canny budget traveler trying to crack out a cheeky early spring time break. If monkey was no object then I would always plump for Mexico 5 star at around £1500 plus for 2 weeks premium drinks a lar carte but that's not possible when your a pensioner facing a head on war with the consumer price Index and essential household goods and bills rising at twice the official rate of inflation forcing us wrinklies to spend increasing amounts of their disposable income on more basic items like cut price jollies. We never moan but just bat on facing each fiscal adversity thrown into our path with cheery smiles and I have to say a marvelous sense of Stoicism built up over decades of Tory oppression : /

So how did our £320 fare then and was an all inclusive holiday worth the effort. We did bring back lots of branded snide clothing that looks OK to go and I also brought back some Turkish delight in the guise of a severe chest infection which slowed me down for the last few days. Amoxicillin and prednislone and inhalers mixed with liberal amounts of gin and tonic for the quinine content and apparently all shall be well in a week but that's not the hotels fault and more transferred from other "it's all about me selfish travelers" spreading working class nasties to their fellow holidays hosts but forgive and forget we must and move on ..

iEvnZvr.jpg

Icmelor is situated a few cliks south of Marmaris in a pleasant arched bay and is a very nicely laid out resort oozing quality and panache. VerY modernistic temperament with an array of shops and bars restaurants .Our gaff was situated 2k from the beachhead on the edge of resort in a pine forest .Transport into town was a nice 30 minute walk or a 2lira Dolmus bus that ran on the 10 minutes until daft o'clock in the morning. Marmaris was 3 lira. Overall impression of hotel was of a nice 4* with a 3* interior comprising of four pools some with slides. Rooms were basic fodder but clean and tidy with air con fridge tea coffee making and shite TV with nothing but sky news on an incessant loop which did our heads in. But but you don't go away to watch TV the near Sayers squeal but that's plain bollocks because when you come back in after being burnt by that fiery ball in the sky you need to unwind and one or two programs wouldn't have gone a miss even bbc1 but we had to sit on the balcony and stare at the forest instead which was very boring.

The bed was like a brick and even a jack hammer would not have softened it. This is what happens in a cheaper hotel and they always favour a hard mattress as they last longer. We got three duves from reception doubled them into six and this made for an excellent mattress topper and so all was well once more in Little Hartly. Bath was good sporting an excellent power shower.

Food was incerdibly good for a 3/4 star all inc and you could eat out doors in the open restaurant by the pool . Smacks in the afternoon was waiter service in the quite pool area and to a very high standard. The drinks were the usual fare of locally produced and we slurped Effes which was very potent clean and crisp and refreshingly good. Served in glass if a away from the pool. Spirits were shite and you got what the bartenders gave you who could not speak the English . One effes pal and a maliboo and sprite and a gin and tonic and you would come back with an effes a rum and coke and vodka sprite but never one to complain as he was a smily chap alaways keen to please.

Entertainment was the hotels Achilles heel and in the day it was fine with bools-darts-killer pool-rifle shooting and agua aerobics but at night time I would have sooner set fire to my toes than listen to the unadulterated dross they served up ..Mr and mrs and Men v Woman ..Jesus wept Poppie the head animation honcho would get proper giddy and say excitedly men man go go away and get me a hairbrush and girls woman go go and be first to get me an empty toilet roll .. And then it was bingo followed by more horseshit on toast but we never planned on staying in at night time anyway so had a few scoops of Effes and fooked of to Icmeler for the night which was top bannana ..Our favourite haunt was Majestic bar and an absolutly inceredible place to chill and nos 1 on Tripadvisor for a reason .. Cocktails were two for 4 quid and Effes bottles 500ml were 15 lira and the entertainment was superlative. We also did the disco in the Irish bar which was good fun. Only spent around £500 for the 10 days and that included the snide t shirts we brought home..

If we went again I would go private transfers as the journey to airport was 3 hours and the wait at the airport was 3 hours and the flight was 4 hours so 10 hour total and we could have flown long haul for that. Private transfers were around the £60 return mark and would have only taken one hour fifteen or an acceptable hour to Marmaris.

So to conclude we had value for money and a pretty decent stay ... Self catering is also cool and we have had some great stays in Tenerife in the wonderful time share Diamond Resorts for pennies off Trivago so its horses for courses and a little of what you fancy does you good except for the all inclusive man flu but never one to complain and crack on we must. All inc has the propensity to make you grin and used well can make for a good holiday experiance but this thread was never really about all inc but in forum world it's very important to go with the Flo and direction of travel.

The neighbours are all out this afternoon avoiding us so here are some of our photos uploaded to forum for your kind perusal until they come back..

7sBdFAh.jpg

Qaw6GqJ.jpg

BzzDPSu.jpg

tMKuGuu.jpg

XGqT44K.jpg

I unexpectedly booked during their annual carnival but Düsseldorf was full to the brim of stags from the UK and tourists in general. I barely met a local. It was a disappointing break. I preferred Berlin. It was far more relaxed.

The ex and I did all inclusive in Marbella. All she wanted to do was sunbathe by the pool and we could consume what we wanted. We didn’t leave the resort. Make what you will of them.

I unexpectedly booked during their annual carnival but Düsseldorf was full to the brim of stags from the UK and tourists in general. I barely met a local. It was a disappointing break. I preferred Berlin. It was far more relaxed.

The ex and I did all inclusive in Marbella. All she wanted to do was sunbathe by the pool and we could consume what we wanted. We didn’t leave the resort. Make what you will of them.

Never been one for sunbeds mate and so the early morning rush never phased us. Happy to sit at a table by the pool and play cards or read with a few scoops but the idea of lying on a bed at gas mark 5 all day never appealed. Low patience threshold too and have to keep fidgeting and moving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.