Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given his age, living in a foreign country, and probably not desperate for money, then if he wants to leave there is nothing the club can do. As fans, body-language is taken as evidence of......anything. "Didn't look happy" becomes "obviously wants out" , a misplaced pas spirals into "fallen out with Pep" etc. Any club signing a teenager faces the same problem, when they are from abroad the risk is higher. Just hope it works out for both parties, it certainly wont be a spur-of-the-moment decision or lack of trying by City.
By his mid-twenties I believe he will be as influential as Robben or Ribery, and it would be great if he was still with us

When Jadon Sancho was allowed to leave, I understood it because we had Sterling and Sane who hadn’t even reached their peak yet. To turn around and potentially lose Sane would be horrible. I get how it makes sense, but would still hate to lose him.

If he goes for a penny under 100m we need to seriously ask questions about our ability to sell players for their true worth.

When Jadon Sancho was allowed to leave, I understood it because we had Sterling and Sane who hadn’t even reached their peak yet. To turn around and potentially lose Sane would be horrible. I get how it makes sense, but would still hate to lose him.

Sniff sniff

His mother is a problem, and raising his kid is pulling him towards Deutschland. He could while away two years here and become even better and then walk away for free OR City could cash in on a player they don’t rate nearly as highly as some in the media (and on here) rate him, and fund 1/3 to 1/2 of the spend for the summer.

The Sheikh is done pumping the cash, and self sustaining profitable growth is the name of the game. From here, revenues and expenses need to result in an annual surplus, and the debt-less balance sheet simply helps grow the value of the club each year. If Pep says, “I’d like to keep him, but for the money I think I could get a couple of players in,” and Khaldoon tells Txiki that ANY PLAYER who will not renegotiate with 2 yrs remaining is to be sold IF they have significant value and are not coming to the end of their most productive years, then he is already gone and we are just haggling over the price...just as Fernandinho and Gundogan will be gone with City’s blessing when their contracts are over. Although, I think a smart club might throw in a cheeky 3 year contract and a decent little bid on the table and walk away with Gundo this summer! He has been nothing short of brilliant in the last half of the season.

Additionally, I think players and agents are also now looking at Pep’s contract situation and realizing that he will not be here for the 21/22 season, so anything they sign beyond that will be to play under the next coach, whole ever that might be. Especially for new players coming in, the “rebuilding” of this team (without Kompany, Silva, Gundogan, Aguero, Fernandinho and possibly even Sané) starts to look like the “second wave” of The Project and they might want to join a club somewhere else further along in their own new team.

It will be very interesting to see just how many of the current first team squad is here at kick off next season, and even more especially the 20/21 season, as it will be Pep’s last one before heading to Juve.
A good assessment, however I fully expect Pep to be here for at least another 3/4 seasons, don’t see him at Juventus at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.