Matthijs de Ligt

Raiola is apparently asking €14m agent fee

That greedy cnut could prove to be a major obstacle to the signing , assuming we are ready to invest in the transfer fee.

Don't think there is much affection towards him withing the City hierarchy.

Raiola is apparently asking €14m agent fee
No chance are we doing this deal with Raiola orchestrating stuff on the players behalf. Does he (Raiola) not have some sort of activity ban in football full stop for a year? I suppose that will be easy for him to work around though. This 14m nonsense is exactly why i doubt we will give this the time of day anymore.

So long De Ligt, you gave the transfer forum a buzz for a while.

Raiola will be the put-off for us.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is asking for £20m-£30m in commission. Look what he did to United with Pogba.

Add in the fact he will be asking for 200k a week for De Ligt. Would we really put a 19 year old on those wages?

Agreed. Even if we were to sign him, Riola would be asking for a huge pay rise before his contract would be up or agitating for a move. I don't see us putting up with it. Best option is probably to sign Alderweireld.

Agreed. Even if we were to sign him, Riola would be asking for a huge pay rise before his contract would be up or agitating for a move. I don't see us putting up with it. Best option is probably to sign Alderweireld.
Best option is still to sign De Ligt. And I say this as a belgian.
De ligt is a top player and leader of men at the age of 19.
We allready missed out on De Jong. I'd hate it if the next generational talent ends up at a rival. Domestic or European.
For him I would make an exception and put up with Raiola.

He is not a particularly good team footballer. I'd say we'd be better off leaving all of Barca' rejects alone. They all have major flaws.
I get that criticism but I'm not sure it's entirely accurate. When I've watched him play he hasn't looked out of sync with the rest of the team. On the contrary, when he is playing it's more likely that he is ignored when free or in a good position than the opposite. If you are talking about off the pitch then I'm sure you follow the same people I do on twitter so you should already know why he might be struggling there. Picking him up as 'discount seconds' from Barca when we were in for him before his move I'd view the same way as the Laporte move, i.e. we took the long route but got who we wanted in the end.

Didn't we miss Hazard because of the agent's fee demands. I understand we have constraints but sometimes players come along that are very special in their generation, De Ligt appears to be one of those. We should be able to offset VKs wages. This guy is likely to be another legend. I thought Barca had him wrapped up? If they haven't we must go for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.