No History

What's that only story about the ancient general who says to a vanquished foe, "The difference is this is where your family legacy ends whereas mine is just beginning." Or something like that. Kind of the way I feel about our current run.

“Not in my lifetime”
“You will never win the league”
“You can’t play like that in the Premiership”
“You will never do a double”
“You will never retain it”
“You will never win a treble”

Everybody keeps telling us what we won’t do and we just go out and do it anyway.
Can anyone remember, did the , " not in my lifetime " speech, was it in the paper, or did he say it on t.v.

reminds me of a joke big Bernard manning said

a lad pop up to see his mate from london and walked into the mill where he was working and ask have you seen FRED ??
the foreman shouts back he as gone for cotton and will not be next for a couple of days ??
anyway his mate said ok tall fred i will see him next time

next week he's back at the mill and asked is FRED in nope shouts the foreman he's gone for cotton will not be back to the weekend ???
ok tall fred i will see him next time

next weeks comes and he is back at the mill is FRED in nope he's dead said the foreman he died last weekend and he is buried at the cemetery up the road ??? so his mate pop up to pay his last respect and the cemetery

and after about a hour of looking for his headstone he finds it and on it read FRED HAS GONE BUT NOT FOR COTTON

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.