‘Where Do You Want Your Statue, Vincent Kompany?’

The bottom of Deansgate seems a good as place of any. Or perhaps at the airport or Piccadilly train station!

Let’s not fuck about here!

Frank Sidebottom has one in Timperley village so we should be aiming big!

Even though the likes of Silva, Aguero and Zabaleta are up there with him, I do think we could get away with a statue for Kompnay without selling those guys short. I think he went that extra mile in terms of cultivating a connection with the fans and also the city of Manchester. He's also our most decorated captain ever. So it's a yes from me.

Just to be clear Bert does have a statue down in reception which used to be in the museum.

statua-bert-trautmann.jpg

It should however be somewhere more prominent for my liking, considering not only what he did for City, but also what he did for bringing nations back together in those post war years.
I never even knew that was there.

What a daft place to put it, should be much more prominent. Maybe City Sq?

Recent history tells me that we should avoid statues - many of them are awful. That (fake) Ronaldo one being a case in point. I do think we now have the basis to have a proper museum and really start recording our history properly after all the clubs over 10 years old!

Gary James on Twitter suggested a type of "walk of fame" around the stadium that I always thought was an excellent idea. Be a nice thing for club legends to come for a day out, and something to celebrate players as they are leaving, and it sidesteps the question of who does/doesn't get a statue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.