FA Cup Final - Post Match Thread

I absolutely think Jesus justified his selction but hindsight and a 6 nil win thats great,however if we were to start that game,or any game we want to win,we start Aguero, any manager in the world would....except Pep.
I also thought Marhez did "ok" untill you see the difference once KDB came on.
I always say and always will say you start your best 11.
He did select what he felt was “the best 11”. It’s a fluid thing, not set in stone. It depends on fitness, on form, on mindset, on motivation, on performance in training, on the oppositions strengths and weaknesses, on tactics, on tiredness, on any promises made to players. It depends on so many different things and is different every game. We want to win every game we play. We also hardly ever play the same team from one game to the next. You’d think you’d have adapted to modern football by now! It seems dinosaurs exist in fan bases as well as the professional game!

He did select what he felt was “the best 11”. It’s a fluid thing, not set in stone. It depends on fitness, on form, on mindset, on motivation, on performance in training, on the oppositions strengths and weaknesses, on tactics, on tiredness, on any promises made to players. It depends on so many different things and is different every game. We want to win every game we play. We also hardly ever play the same team from one game to the next. You’d think you’d have adapted to modern football by now!

What I liked was that in recent games we have gone into energy saving mode and once we took the lead tried to just see the game out. Saturday being the last game, we were back to being ruthless again.

Back at work, Monday morning, no football for about 3 months and we got spanked 6-0. I am properly miserable!!
Well done to City, absolutely incredible team. I know having lots of money helps but you still have to make a team out of it. We had to take what few chance we were going to get and Pereyra missing that golden opportunity at 0-0 was disastrous. Don't know about the penalty claim as can't bring myself to watch it back and suspect I never will. Sterling and De Bruyne were just completely unplayable. I did think that defensively we were poor especially for De Bruyne's goal which killed the game
I'm so very pleased that Gracia was as normal, very gracious in defeat.
Having seen quite a lot of issues at the Wolves Semi Final I was very happy to see both sets of fans behaving and thought both were brilliant during the game. I was especially proud how we just kept going even at 5-0.
I can't say it was enjoyable obviously but take the football away, I had quite a good day
Well done and thanks for entertaining me on your forum which I have to say is one of the better ones I've been on.
See you next season
Take a bow son. Watford fans were a class above. In all my many times at Wembley I'd say you were the best..especially the score being what it was. Only Sunderland fans can come near. Good luck for next season. I'll be rooting for you to do well.

Take a bow son. Watford fans were a class above. In all my many times at Wembley I'd say you were the best..especially the score being what it was. Only Sunderland fans can come near. Good luck for next season. I'll be rooting for you to do well.

Never saw a cross word between opposition fans or between City fans all day. It was a great, friendly cup final atmosphere.

What I liked was that in recent games we have gone into energy saving mode and once we took the lead tried to just see the game out. Saturday being the last game, we were back to being ruthless again.
A great deal of that was down to the adrenalin boost administered by KDB when he came on. Looked like he wanted to take all his injury frustrations out on poor Watford. They were still pressing us at 2-0 60 minutes in. That last 30 minutes was just fantastic and it seriously could have been 10.

He did select what he felt was “the best 11”. It’s a fluid thing, not set in stone. It depends on fitness, on form, on mindset, on motivation, on performance in training, on the oppositions strengths and weaknesses, on tactics, on tiredness, on any promises made to players. It depends on so many different things and is different every game. We want to win every game we play. We also hardly ever play the same team from one game to the next. You’d think you’d have adapted to modern football by now! It seems dinosaurs exist in fan bases as well as the professional game!
So are you saying a fit Aguero isn't in our best 11?

As I’ve already mentioned, it’s about far more than just fitness. Firstly, it’s the FA Cup, a competition that this season Jesus has always started in and Aguero has always not. So right off the bat we can see that Pep has either promised Jesus those cup matches or, more likely, he felt Jesus deserved the start. Also, Watford are really not very good at breaking through a press. So he likely felt Jesus was a great option to force Watford into repeatedly giving us the ball back. Which they did. The best 11 for a game is not always the best 11 players on paper. The game isn’t played on paper.

A great day out, great football, a great team, a great result and great fans for the most part. Great fans from both sides, enjoyed many conversations with Watford fans on the tube in and out from Amersham. Only one downer, and the usual one at Wembley, as the drunken, boorish fools were present again. Why the need to shout obscenities at the players and officials when an 8 or 9 year old is in front of you? Why the need to arrive so drunk that you cannot see the match? Why the need to try to pick a fight with everyone around you? So to those in 109 (towards the middle of the tier) who did this please don't go to Wembley again, find somewhere else to be a bore.

IT was magnificent management by Pep to give Jesus this game as a reward for all his hard work playing number two to Sergio. He will have talked to Sergio first to get his "permission", then told Jesus that he deserved this game and to go and get goals. Which he did. He was fabulous. Every one is a winner, not least MCFC. Part of Pep's job, one of the hardest, is to keep fringe players happy. That's why he's been playing Mahrez too.

To do some of this rotation during this run in has been yet another feather in Pep's cap. He's the best I've ever had the pleasure to witness, and this was part of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.