Running thread

I'm struggling with long runs. I think I'm running as slowly as I can but my HR is in zone 4 for the majority of it. 5 miles this morning in just under an hour. only been running a few weeks but can't run just above walking pace as it feels unnatural.
Which HR device are you using and have you definitely input all your data correctly, i.e. resting HR, max. HR, height, weight, age etc.?

Gentle reminder to those who haven’t had a heart screening prior or since starting their running mojo. I turned 26 on Wednesday run 15-20 miles a week, cycle, swim, gym, climb intermittently and I collapsed on a club run thursday. Electrical impulse fault with my heart so a few months of testing to check there’s nothing underlying that’s causing it, otherwise can be rectified.

A bit scary, get a check up if you haven’t yet.
I second this. I ran three marathons before finding out that I had been born with a heart condition. Anyway, one open heart surgery later and I'm now running marathon PBs in my 40s.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.