Thomas Cook

Millwallawayveteran1988

Not looking too good for these!

Share price been hammered in last 2 days and down to 10p a share. Citibank has said the shares are worthless. They really need to sell their airline sharpish.

They are “reassuring people” but once companies start doing that and it hits the news, people tend to avoid, making the situation worse.

Not my biggest disaster as far as shares go as they were low when I bought them and I won't stand to lose too much if they go totallt tits up. Purplebricks and Carphone Warehouse have been my biggest mistakes. Gave up taking any notice of newspaper share tips after those two.

They're fortunate in their timing because people have already booked for summer and now is when the money starts flowing in to help the cash flow. October is when such companies can go into real crisis as all the bills hit.

Some time ago I booked the family on a flight to Spain for a week on Monday. They did not bother to tell me the flight at 10.45am had been cancelled. I found out by chance. They have offered me 05.30 on the Sunday instead. I have now got a refund. Ignoring the stupid time they were offering me there is no way I was trusting them.

My wifes friend booked a holiday to Fuengarola (sp) in two weeks. She has found out that they are still building the hotel and it certainly wont be finished. Tommy Cooks didn't tell her someone else did !!

They are in deep shit.

When Tesco shares plummeted a few years back I was a baw hair from buying about £10k worth of shares. Decided to go to India and find myself instead.

Lucky white heather anybody?

Thomas Cook will be okay and I'd take a punt on the shares.

Normally the biggest red herring is when airlines start pushing their planes to private equity to raise cash and the airline then leases them back to keep flying.

Monarch did this with all of their planes a year before they went bust and funnily enough Thomas Cook took over the leases!

They have some assets plus they have US slots which will be worth a fortune so they will be very attractive to a buyer at the moment.

My bet is they will be bought by a big player who is just waiting for the right price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.