Game of Thrones (season 8)

Absolute crap ending to what was a tv series up there with Breaking Bad. The last 2 seasons have been, in light of the previous 6, rubbish and rushed. It is justified that so many fans are up in arms about the mess - thats what happens when filming over-takes the books and the book writer leaves the production

Last nights finale was more like a Disney love film, the writing in this series has been flawed from day one

Really disappointed,

Bran king - when he stated he doesnt want to be king, and then last night states to Tyrion “why do you think I came all this way”

The whole saga has been ruined

Last edited:
Hahahaha at Sam in that stupid outfit? Or when Bronn appears out of no where? He was another brilliant character cast aside for a while.
Or just at that Aryan weirdo or Edmure Tully. Both again come from nowhere. Tyrion didn’t seem that gutted at all to be hand again in the end and looked like he’d forgotten who Jon, Varys, et al were

Absolute crap ending to what was a tv series up there with Breaking Bad. The last 2 seasons have been, in light of the previous 6, rubbish and rushed. It is justified that so many fans are up in arms about the mess - thats what happens when filming over-takes the books and the book writer leaves the production

Last nights finale was more like a Disney love film, the writing in this series has been flawed from day one

Really disappointed,

Bran king - when he stated he doesnt want to be king, and then last night states to Tyrion “why do you think I came all this way”

The whole saga has been ruined
The directors are warming up for continuing the destruction of Star Wars saga

It's been a bad series, but in fairness to the writers, I thought the series 7 was OK, the spoils of war being one of my fav episodes, and it was not an easy job, eveb JRM is having a tough time concluding it

They wasted the extra length of the episodes with pointless scenes that dragged on too long though, 10 episodes would have improved things a little

I thought it was ok! It didn't blow me away but I think I was broadly satisfied with where everyone ended up in the end. As everyone keeps saying, elements have been rushed but this series still delivered some big moments.

Not a great ending, but having read some 'experts' on here and in the wider fan base, some of the fan theories and fan opinions on what the ending should have been are equally shit if not incredibly worse.

I read one this morning utterly slating Benioff and Weiss, and then saying Greyworm should've been king. I mean, wtf.

It's all a matter of opinion and whilst people can slate the writers, their own opinions are often utter shite too.

The way they wrote season 8, the ending was probably the only way they could've ended it. Backed themselves into a bit of a corner.

That said. The Long Night was fucking brilliant and the Night King scene was an absolute triumph. It peaked there and could never recover.

Of course, my opinion on that could be shite too!

Bloodmoon is the next spin off but as from other media its 1000 years earlier and mostly about White walkers. Hopefully answer some questions in that regard. Filming is in the early stages in Belfast.

The battle of the bastards was one of the best scenes and it annoyed me how many key characters survived the Great war due to the massive odds against them.

peter dinklage was brilliant throughout and lena headey was the ultimate mother-in-law from hell but both delivered brilliant performances imo.

Other points of note:
- Bran never really showing his true power as the 3 eye raven
- Sansa being super hot
-IMO Drogon didnt kill Jon because he knew he was their true father and King of the dragons.
- I agree Sam got annoying by the end.
- What happened to all those Dothraki in the Great war? They just died within Seconds.

Last edited:
Lots of blame on the screenplay writing and the fact it had overtaken the books. However you need get some perspective on the chaotic writing of George RR Martin. The first book was written in the 90's and released in 1996, the second 1999 then 2000, 2005 and 2011. Each time the plot has expanded and he has clearly struggled to get the books to fit together as the various plot lines and geography spiral outwards. He has suggested wrapping it up in a final 2 books but the 6th has been 8 years in the making now. And the plot and cast in each book seems to grow and grow where he often ends up writing a book and realising he has the content for 2 or more books and then struggles with how to split it out into 2 stand alone volumes. So you'd be waiting a long time to fit with the books and the actors are not getting any younger. You also have to factor in George is 70 and not the healthiest looking chap. So you could wait for this to end the way the author intended and it may never come.

From a TV perspective they had to end it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.