Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I don’t understand why he’s even being linked with a move. He’s in our best 11, definitely got the potential to be one of the best in the world, why on Earth are we even thinking about pushing him out?

The whole “attitude problem” only came about when he started being left on the bench. Nothing wrong with a youngster wanting to play football.

Obviously I trust Pep but right now I can’t see how letting Leroy leave will turn out to be a good decision.
He doesn’t get into the “best XI” because Bernardo ends up RW, Sterling LW, because KDB, Ferna & David are the middle 3.

Make no mistake, I don’t want him to go. However, Pep doesn’t fuck around with players who have a strop or even suggest they might leave. Rather, he simply says, “a player who wants to be somewhere else should leave to be somewhere else!” Throw in the fact that he will be a €70-100M player, and you have a benchwarmer paying for two top, top squad additions...one of whom will have been bought to do the impossible: replace Fernandinho!

I think Bayern have basically said they want him. Sané would definitely go there. City want top dollar. Bayern don’t want to pay it, BUT they also know City are in a losing position if they push the price too high, as he is losing value in every window as he approaches the end of his contract unless transfer fees get even more inflated than they are today. Conversely, City could say, “Nein!” to any derisory offers and simply put him in the match day squad and get 10 goals and 10 assists from him again next season playing him as a 20 minute sub!

High stakes poker.

Bayern can think about offering £60m if they add Kimmich and Alaba to the deal.

Rather keep him for two seasons and let him leave for free than sell for £60m.

Such poor value sets a precedent for the future and clubs will expect to get our players for cheap.

Under no circumstances should we sell for less than £100m-£120m and that’s conservative.

I love Sane and I would go with him the majority of the time, but I think we've seen that Pep wants Sterling (LW) Bernado/Mahrez (RW) with the full backs creating the width, ideally for Pep that's Walker and Mendy.

his body language can be frustrating at times, he should be bursting to play when he comes on but most of the time of late he just seems to be going through the motions, coasting. hopefully he freshens up over the break and comes back all guns blazing fighting for his spot.

All the shit we get and the club then sanction this
Will take it with a pinch of salt for now

Bayern can think about offering £60m if they add Kimmich and Alaba to the deal.

Rather keep him for two seasons and let him leave for free than sell for £60m.

Such poor value sets a precedent for the future and clubs will expect to get our players for cheap.

Under no circumstances should we sell for less than £100m-£120m and that’s conservative.

Absolutely if Hazzard is worth 100m with a year left Leroy is worth at least 60 next summer which would mean the Munich rags either pay up his true value this year or have a season of make do on their flanks. Personally I would prefer we never sold a first team player to Rags, Liverpool or Munich Rags

We’ll all be gutted in our house if Leroy moves on, he’s on the back of my son’s shirt. He’s got absolutely everything going for him and I’ve always thought he has the highest ceiling of all our players.
If the rumours are true I’m just hoping that Bayern won’t pay what he’s worth and he stays and fights for his place.

60m is a scandalous fee.
Bayern are losing both of their wingers this summer and Sane can be their main man for the next 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.