Matthijs de Ligt

Oriol Domenech whom I trust more than most said last night that he still believes Barcelona are in pole position for De Ligt but that United have offered more wages & fees - could be a case of Raiola leveraging that for a better deal from Barca but that was his update. Effectively, that it was down to Barcelona & United which for me, means it's merely a matter of time that Barcelona complete the deal since United cannot be a plausible destination for the player, all things considered

Oriol Domenech whom I trust more than most said last night that he still believes Barcelona are in pole position for De Ligt but that United have offered more wages & fees - could be a case of Raiola leveraging that for a better deal from Barca but that was his update. Effectively, that it was down to Barcelona & United which for me, means it's merely a matter of time that Barcelona complete the deal since United cannot be a plausible destination for the player, all things considered

But he might go for the highest bidder.

United paid Sanchez +400 k a week, they dont have problem paying De light 200 k a week.

Very unlikely to be United but I think that the Premier League is a plausible destination for De Ligt. The guy loves to mix it up, gets stuck in defensively and attacks every setpiece fully. I think he’d get bored playing in La Liga.

United paid Sanchez +400 k a week, they dont have problem paying De light 200 k a week.
The difference is Sánchez is at the tail end of his career and was clearly after one last payday knowing his fitness/hunger was shot. De Ligt is young and hungry for success (from what I see), he’s got plenty of time to make his money from having a more successful career even if it’s image rights at Barcelona.

The presumption, of course, is that De Ligt will not simply take the highest bid - that his desire is to go to Barcelona. As I have mentioned before, Barcelona won't get in a bidding war -they'll offer him fair wages but they won't succumb to Raiola tactics

The presumption, of course, is that De Ligt will not simply take the highest bid - that his desire is to go to Barcelona. As I have mentioned before, Barcelona won't get in a bidding war -they'll offer him fair wages but they won't succumb to Raiola tactics
'but they won't succumb to Raiola tactics' - I wish all clubs would adopt this policy then we wouldn't have stupid transfer fees and wages being paid.

'but they won't succumb to Raiola tactics' - I wish all clubs would adopt this policy then we wouldn't have stupid transfer fees and wages being paid.

This is Txiki's approach and I subscribe to it as well. Bartomeu claims to have a good relationship with him but historically that has not been the case at Barcelona as Txiki would attest to

Id break the bank for him, if the wages are not totally unrealistic. Certainly better option than spending £75m on Maguire and his agent wouldn't be demanding small agent fee either considering the fee.

Very unlikely to be United but I think that the Premier League is a plausible destination for De Ligt. The guy loves to mix it up, gets stuck in defensively and attacks every setpiece fully. I think he’d get bored playing in La Liga.
LOL. Have you ever watched La Liga or any other league for that matter? I don't mind a bit of EPL hype but it's getting way out of hand.
Spanish teams score more corner goals against EPL opposition than the other way around. Look it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.