Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Here’s an idea.

What about a bus lane into town and back along the route.

It’s not f***ing rocket science.

And it’s something the council and City could fund and do quite easily.

The Ordsall curve has been a complete waste of money. 2 of the 3 other investment programmes that it was contingent upon have been cancelled. As you say - extra tracks and platforms at Piccadilly were critical, planned and costed but ultimately cancelled and the electrification of the trans-Pennine line - been announced dozens of times but quietly cancelled and there is no political will to do this. Last plan was to electrify part of the line ! That plan is beyond comprehension but seems to make sense to Chris Grayling. Present plans are for another major round of rail investment in London with Crossrail 2 likely to get the full go ahead shortly.
It’s a fucking disgrace. I hate our Govt!

But unlike Scotland we can’t vote for independence from the ****s. We are stuck being an afterthought to London unless outside investors get involved in our city.

Here’s an idea.

What about a bus lane into town and back along the route.

It’s not f***ing rocket science.

And it’s something the council and City could fund and do quite easily.
Won’t make any difference with the small number and infrequent showings of buses there are.

Busses are a good idea but you would need massive numbers to have an impact. A double decker holds about 80 people. If you assume circa 10,000 people are making their way back into town after a game. You would need about 60busses to take just half.

Thought I'd bump this thread as it's something to talk about during the close season. Any actual news on the North Stand etc rather than speculation or gripes about transport links?

Thought I'd bump this thread as it's something to talk about during the close season. Any actual news on the North Stand etc rather than speculation or gripes about transport links?

Well clearly it isn’t being started this summer as has previously been suggested. The earliest it could be finished is now the start of the 2021-22 season.

When I’ve got time I’ll post picture’s of the inside of the away end at Spurs new stadium. Seriously, it pisses all over the Etihad. The finishing is absolutely superb in every aspect. It looks like a Hotel or Airport terminal inside. Yes, it cost a billion pound, but boy, you can see where the money was spent.
The only thing important about a stadium is the atmosphere it generates. I doubt it'll be as good as WHL.

Busses are a good idea but you would need massive numbers to have an impact. A double decker holds about 80 people. If you assume circa 10,000 people are making their way back into town after a game. You would need about 60busses to take just half.
I agree buses would be a start , but when I see comments like "forget about building railways/metro's stations, all we need are buses" I think about the logistic, Someboby said you would need about 60 buses ? Well you would also need 60 drivers , a place to park them when not in use ie a depot , with mechanics , cleaners and fuelers ! And if you think well just get Stagecoach or First bus can do , well maybe on a Sunday but any other time nearly all there fleet will be in service , Stagecoach, First or any other bus company will have 60 buses hanging around doing nothing .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.