Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bizarre choice. I read we were looking for someone fast, so to see his name mentioned is astonishing.

Someone mentioned Van Dijk's game improving at Liverpool, but no matter how good we are, Maguire isn't going to get an extra 20% faster.

We'd get destroyed on the counter, he's painfully slow. Also think we could get better for £60+ mil. Then again, I wasn't over the moon when we signed John Stones so who knows.
The 1 Leicester player I want is Ndidi.
To be fair. Otamendi is probably a lot slower still.
We did allright with him at the back last season. There where a few moments...

Seems a bizarre choice. I read we were looking for someone fast, so to see his name mentioned is astonishing.

Someone mentioned Van Dijk's game improving at Liverpool, but no matter how good we are, Maguire isn't going to get an extra 20% faster.
Not that slow, did you not see him go down our left side last week. Think he's a much better player than some think, and different to Stone and Laporte, and if he's not then we won't buy him.

I wasn’t sold on maguire at all when the links first emerged. I have however since then had a bit of a u-turn.

Firstly which I think is very important seeing as delph is leaving maguire is home grown. If we can sign an important squad player who also covers that criteria then it really is a huge bonus,

Secondly after reading the Leicester city forums opinion about him (let’s face it they will have a much better opinion on him than we do) I came across these stats:

Aerial duels win percentage:
Van Dijk 74%
Maguire 71%
Kompany 68%
Vertonghen 67%
De Ligt 66%
Stones 66%
David Luiz 58%
Koulibaly 55%
Alderweireld 52%

Completed dribbles (last 2 league seasons):
Maguire 58
Vertonghen 38
Pique 30
De Ligt 27
David Luiz 22
Van Dijk 22
Godin 18
Varane 17
Sergio Ramos 16
Stones 11
Alderweireld 9
Evans 9
Kompany 6

Pep has mentioned we lack physicality and the aerial duels won percentage is very very impressive albeit the size of his head does give him a huge advantage. The completed dribbles is also very interesting and to me gives some indication as to why we are so interested in maguire.

Finally I don’t think we should under estimate just how good of a coach pep is and he will no doubt take maguire to another level,

For me Laporte stones maguire and fern as back up is more than sufficient for what we need as well as hopefully giving Garcia some first team action in the “easier” games.

Not that strange seeing how we are currently set-up.
Walker has been used as counter protection all season. He's not really playing as a fullback anymore.
More a protector with some fullback moments now and again.

coyotes-rocket-ride.gif

Not that slow, did you not see him go down our left side last week. Think he's a much better player than some think, and different to Stone and Laporte, and if he's not then we won't buy him.

It's not really a one on one race though is it? Although, the only stats I could find are from FIFA - but they suggest he's pretty sluggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.