Equality 'Lessons' In Schools/Protests

Oh here we go, who mentioned 5 year olds? Nobody.

Talk about trying to twist and turn someone’s reply (to your message in which you never once mentioned 5 year olds). Stop trying to be a cnut and stop trying to make shit up that nobody has ever said. Fucking pathetic.

The school in which the protesters are outside have young children in.

Great banter by the religious parents, always made me laugh how the lgbt community defended Islam being completely oblivious to how homophobic Islam is haha. If they had their way they would chuck you off a building and have you outlawed.

I have no doubt that's your first concern.

But an increasing number of women are becoming wary of this re-definition of what is to be a women. These women are now forced to meet privately, because public meetings are being banned or picketed.

This shit storm in the Labour party is primarily about trans women and it's getting very nasty.

If you express a counter opinion to gender self-identification you can be contacted by plod so they can chalk up a "hate incident", if Labour gets in the Gender Recognition Act is going to cause a real shit storm.

When I stated you see this from a blokes perspective I was not being critical, I was the same, live and let live and so on, but having spoken to a number of women who are concerned about this issue I realised that being a bloke is a factor here, women see it differently and with good reason.

I think it's a really good thing that you've acknowledged that it's important to try and see this issue from a woman's perspective and also that you've spoken to women to see how they feel about it. I also think the concerns of women should be listened to without labelling them bigots straight off the bat. I think a lot of people's fears can be allayed via a sensible discussion but unfortunately the media has only served to polarise the issue further by giving too much prominence to extreme voices on either side of the argument. I do think it's important to also add in here though that there are also a lot of, for want of a better term, cis-gendered women who are happy stand alongside and fight for the rights of trans women.

Obviously the discussion around gender isn't black and white (if we are to accept gender is separate to sex) because it's quite a complex issue and it's possible for people to hold a wide range of different views about it. I do believe though that there is a hardcore of trans exclusionary feminists who are not willing to accept the existence of trans women full stop and have to some extent preyed on the fears of cis-gendered women by spreading misinformation and trying to make them feel unsafe as a means of shutting down the conversation. I think they've also tried to spin the gender recognition act as though it's all about letting men walk into female changing rooms etc when in fact it covers a whole range of issues which need to be looked at. For example, the issue of spousal consent. Of course we don't want to be in a situation where a male sex offender can just pretend to be a woman in order to assault women, but we also need a bit of perspective on the issue. Ultimately, cis-gendered men have managed quite well on their own through the centuries to commit sex crimes against women and get away with it and I don't think the the GRA would do much to change that.

I think it's a really good thing that you've acknowledged that it's important to try and see this issue from a woman's perspective and also that you've spoken to women to see how they feel about it. I also think the concerns of women should be listened to without labelling them bigots straight off the bat. I think a lot of people's fears can be allayed via a sensible discussion but unfortunately the media has only served to polarise the issue further by giving too much prominence to extreme voices on either side of the argument. I do think it's important to also add in here though that there are also a lot of, for want of a better term, cis-gendered women who are happy stand alongside and fight for the rights of trans women.

Obviously the discussion around gender isn't black and white (if we are to accept gender is separate to sex) because it's quite a complex issue and it's possible for people to hold a wide range of different views about it. I do believe though that there is a hardcore of trans exclusionary feminists who are not willing to accept the existence of trans women full stop and have to some extent preyed on the fears of cis-gendered women by spreading misinformation and trying to make them feel unsafe as a means of shutting down the conversation. I think they've also tried to spin the gender recognition act as though it's all about letting men walk into female changing rooms etc when in fact it covers a whole range of issues which need to be looked at. For example, the issue of spousal consent. Of course we don't want to be in a situation where a male sex offender can just pretend to be a woman in order to assault women, but we also need a bit of perspective on the issue. Ultimately, cis-gendered men have managed quite well on their own through the centuries to commit sex crimes against women and get away with it and I don't think the the GRA would do much to change that.

"I do believe though that there is a hardcore of trans exclusionary feminists who are not willing to accept the existence of trans women full stop and have to some extent preyed on the fears of cis-gendered women by spreading misinformation and trying to make them feel unsafe as a means of shutting down the conversation."

Oh dear, the line.

I'm grateful that you didn't talk about being on the wrong side of history.

I have no doubt that's your first concern.

But an increasing number of women are becoming wary of this re-definition of what is to be a women. These women are now forced to meet privately, because public meetings are being banned or picketed.

This shit storm in the Labour party is primarily about trans women and it's getting very nasty.

If you express a counter opinion to gender self-identification you can be contacted by plod so they can chalk up a "hate incident", if Labour gets in the Gender Recognition Act is going to cause a real shit storm.

When I stated you see this from a blokes perspective I was not being critical, I was the same, live and let live and so on, but having spoken to a number of women who are concerned about this issue I realized that being a bloke is a factor here, women see it differently and with good reason.

I think there was a male rapist who 'identified as a woman' & asked to go to a female prison... Obviously women should be concerned about that kind of shit...

Same as trans people using female toilets may be concerning.

Never considered the employment aspect, but yes I can see the concerns.

Its not an easy topic, because it can't be squared off.

I don't know what the answer is.

"I do believe though that there is a hardcore of trans exclusionary feminists who are not willing to accept the existence of trans women full stop and have to some extent preyed on the fears of cis-gendered women by spreading misinformation and trying to make them feel unsafe as a means of shutting down the conversation."

Oh dear, the line.

I'm grateful that you didn't talk about being on the wrong side of history.

I wasn't trying to get into any sniping. I do think it's genuinely a shame that some people are sharing really one sided and sometimes dishonest information because they aren't willing to accept trans women into society fullstop. I'm a woman and I like to think there's a way that we can let trans women get on with their lives without it infringing on anyone else's freedoms. It bothers me we have people telling us things like men are going to pretend to be women so they can assault female prisoners (based mainly on one horrendous incident) and yet they have nothing to say about the threats posed to female prisoners from other inmates or guards. Women have felt felt unsafe for many different reasons over the years and I'd rather we addressed it properly rather than make trans women pay the price. I think a balanced discussion could hopefully find an outcome that suits all.

One more thing, I mainly wanted to pipe up because i've seen it mentioned on behalf of women a few times on here that a lot of us are worried about this issue. Just thought i'd put the other side across that there are plenty of us who believe there are bigger issues faced by women today and consider themselves allies to trans people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.