Players who might improve us

If looking to replace Fern I’d be balls deep in Ndidi or Torreira.

No links that I’m aware of but both fantastic at that ‘mithering little fucker’ role and can both play as well.

Torreira faded quite noticeably in the second half of the season. He did quite well to begin with but i don't think he has all of the attributes to fill a role as important as that for us. Plus, I know it isn't the be all and all, but given our team is already quite small, it seems risky to replace a player of Fernandinho's stature with him.

Leverkusen qualifying for next season's Champions League certainly raises his price, but would Jonathan Tah fit in our system as a CB?

Torreira faded quite noticeably in the second half of the season. He did quite well to begin with but i don't think he has all of the attributes to fill a role as important as that for us. Plus, I know it isn't the be all and all, but given our team is already quite small, it seems risky to replace a player of Fernandinho's stature with him.
I find nearly every player coming over to England to play tends to drop off after xmas, think they are mentally and physically fucked without the break they get elsewhere

I find nearly every player coming over to England to play tends to drop off after xmas, think they are mentally and physically fucked without the break they get elsewhere

Yeah there's probably something in that. I still don't think Torreira is what we need as a Fernandinho replacement though. Like the OP said, he's good at hassling and chasing down but I think everyone in our team is expected to do that as a bare minimum anyway.

Ibrahima Konate a CB plays for Red Bull he is tall,very quick for a CB, young, plays the ball well but is a bit ruthless probably too much for Pep?

Some young bundesliga players I like:
- Kai Havertz; teenage sensation, tremendous talent.
- Dayot Upamecano: I think the young french defender could be a great player for City in the future
- Santiago Ascacibar; Has the talent to be a very good DM. Had an up and down season but remains a solid young talent
- Evan N'Dicka; Another central defender (left footed) who had a decent year. A lot of potential and a big body who can help in set pieces.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.